Cutting Board

HUNTFISH

I used to buy the smallish el cheapo boards from walmart and stow in the riggin hatch. I got tired of it cleaning it and cutting bait with a knife especially if I wasn't going to doing a lot of cutting so I converted to shears. Its hard to find a decent pair so ive been thru a few due to rust or them just not holding up.

Recently found these

http://www.outdooredge.com/product-p/game%20shears.htm

The quality is far and above anything else ive used but I haven't put them thru the paces as if yet to see how they will fare.

If I am going to be using the cutting board a lot, for say yellowtail fishing, I bring my cutting board and put it in one of the rod holders to drain overboard.

http://www.boatersland.com/mgmt10303.html?gclid=CLCvmcmUzsoCFQYbaQodPzoCHw

You can also put it in the leaning post, but will drip on the floor.

I always keep a small piece of scrap star board on the boat just in case, 8 x 11 inches.

I had a 21MA and the platform was very handy and used for many things except polling.

My thought was to put a pedestal mount in the stern between the motor and main center live well. Put a post a little higher than waste high with a custom cutting board about the width of the "engine well" that is offset a little aft with motor clearance. I will put rod holders on each end.

It would be solid and nice to stand up in the back and have something to hold on to, put a rod on, drink and place to cut bait/shrimp, filet fish and put a knife. Purely functional and simple to remove when not fishing.

After turkey season is over I should have something well thought out and drawn up for fabrication.

If anyone has done something similar please reply.

Thank you

I bought a synthetic cutting board from Wal-Mart that was about 16" X 24" with a cutout handle. Then I cut it down to fit across my rear-center livewell with the lid open. I have about 6" open in the front to wash my hands and any small scraps and blood fall into the livewell and get drained overboard. I keep a sponge handy and clean the board occasionally throughout the day to keep stuff from sticking.

I had a 21MA and the platform was very handy and used for many things except polling.

My thought was to put a pedestal mount in the stern between the motor and main center live well. Put a post a little higher than waste high with a custom cutting board about the width of the "engine well" that is offset a little aft with motor clearance. I will put rod holders on each end.

It would be solid and nice to stand up in the back and have something to hold on to, put a rod on, drink and place to cut bait/shrimp, filet fish and put a knife. Purely functional and simple to remove when not fishing.

After turkey season is over I should have something well thought out and drawn up for fabrication.

If anyone has done something similar please reply.

Thank you

Well, if you are looking for something that big, then you need the Magna bait station. I had the big one on my last boat. Had someone weld an addition onto the alum pole to make it high enough so I didn't have to lean over. They are heavy duty and you can attach rod holders and drink holders to them.

Just curious, but why would you want to clean fish and have all that blood and guts on your rear deck? I used mine on the side of the boat (gunnel rod holder) so the nasty stuff fell overboard.

I guess you've looked at these. The alum pole attaches to the bottom of the table, then their is a universal joint that allows you to adjust the table to several positions. The pole also folds parallel to the table for storing.

http://www.magmaproducts.com/Products/Marine_Products/Tables/body_tables.html

Archived