LiveScope on 2004 Pathfinder 2200V

RayBrown

I just completed my first run at mounting a new (11/2020) LiveScope to the mid ship port side of my 2004 Pathfinder 2200V. See attached photos. The rotating and vertically adjustable "pole" that carries the transducer is the carcass of my old MotorGuide Great White w/60" shaft. I removed the motor and gutted the top control end while leaving the mount collar, tension knob and height stop in place. For the boat to shaft connection I used a very stout Scotty D size chart plotter mount (Scotty # 173 2-1/4" ball mount) attached to the slip collar of the former troll motor shaft. The Garmin EchoMap UHD 93sv chart plotter is mounted on the left side of my console so I can steer with my right hand, operate the transducer array with my left, and easily see the 9" screen. I have had it out once for sea trials and am pleased with the results so far. When I move to a new location I loosen the Scotty ball joint, roll the former troll motor up on the gunnel, set the transducer end in a Scotty rod holder, and lock down the ball joint. That looks like it will work but we are very early in the prototype testing. See photos attached.

The white board behind the former troll motor shaft is there just for clarity. It is not part of the installation. The black box is mounted to a sheet of cutting board glued to the side of the console under the steering wheel. Glue is 3M Scotch-Weld Structural Adhesive #8005, 45mL cartridge, using the 3M dispenser. That was expensive but very clean and strong. The transducer mount is the Garmin Perspective. My other chart plotter on the stbd side of the console is Simrad NSS7 evo2, now my main navigation tool. The forward working troll motor is MotorGuide Great White 24v 60" shaft. It is not a smart troll motor, but it does what I ask it to do, for now. 

I hope this helps. I will post a follow up when I am sure this works. 

Ray

LiveScopeMount.JPG

LiveScopeStowed.JPG

LiveScopebracket.JPG

I do not know why these two .jpg files loaded sideways. I have tried several times to correct this. Each photo needs to rotate 90 deg right. The photo initially loads correctly. When I upload it to the post is appears 90 deg. wonky. 

The white board in the photo to the left is for contrast only. It is not part of the installation. The array should of course be vertical, in deployed position.

Ray

LiveScopeMount.JPG

LiveScopeBlackBox.JPG

• Like 1