Catch of the day (pictures)

HoneyB

15 hours ago, Seacraft06 said:

IMG_2013.MOV 25.8 MB · 2 downloads

I never realized we can add videos on here! I try to put a little short video together for each clients trip. This is from the one above. 

it seems to work better with YouTube.   When you post the link it embeds the video.  Otherwise, it downloads automatically to the viewer's computer.

1 hour ago, THE OUTLAW said:

A little solo TOW today .

Vanford 1000

🇺🇸🏴‍☠️

A4F4EEE3-6D6D-4264-977E-4C7A2B1A8789.jpeg

You know, Ralph, you really ought to stop using such big gear on those poor little fish.  Sheesh, man, give ‘em a chance!   

you got me thinking about a certain sized certain reel I don’t own yet and Momma isn’t gonna be happy with you when I tell her that Ralph made me do it. 

• Like 1

Most of you all know that about a year ago, my son decided to buy his own boat.  You may also know that this decision has led to oh, so many hillarious learnings (lost engines, forgotten plugs, plugs in the wrong holes, half sinkings, etc).   All of these mistakes he has taken in stride and owned, and his stated goal is to end up on the qualified captain instagram page so that he can say he has made every possible mistake.   I am proud of him even while I shake my head.  

Yesterday, he and I decided to buddy-boat, hitting different parts of the river in our boats with the idea that we would call the other if we found a good bite.   Obviously, I assumed it would be me calling him.  

Halfway through the day, my phone rings.  He is calling, not because he found fish, but because he literally cannot fit anymore fish into his live well and needs to put some in mine.  

Having only managed a few flounder, I was sufficiently humbled, but not so much that I didn’t steal his spot to put my other son on a decent fish.  

D1883C8C-F29A-4657-B8B5-C82135722421.jpeg

BA44171F-691B-4321-894A-CC492750E68F.jpeg

05F16B2B-AE0A-441D-BA3D-2B3480A9B09A.jpeg

9224FE13-845A-4A49-A241-4A62B73FB7B3.jpeg

094C768A-783E-46FF-80FD-29DFBAE5D9C7.jpeg

2B2DCD2F-8AFE-4E91-908B-65CF15C9FDEF.jpeg

• Like 4