New Pathfinder 2500 Prop Recommendation

Dashtrash400

Well things are starting to get exciting now. I've been waiting for my boat for 3-4 months and today was the first day I saw it in person at my local dealer going through final rigging. My main question is prop. I ordered my boat with a 300 Mercury Verado and was curious if anyone else had this same setup. If so what prop and numbers are you running and are you satisfied with it. This is the new V8 300 not the I6 300. We plan on prop testing it next week. Thanks in advanced!
i_xqx9xvj_x2_1ecb9060ff5c59a088254aefd83i_zdwq4g4_x2_ac204ee9e295a169caef5bcecdbi_8xnq7v9_x2_f4880a390bed3e6c847fac6e7fb
Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give everyone an update.  Boat was run today and did better than I thought.  It ran a top end of 58mph bouncing off the limiter with a good hole shot.  Boat had 40g of fuel and one person on board.  The prop used was 20 pitch revolution 4.  We are trying to get our hands on a 21 pitch revolution 4 but they are backordered.  will update once I have more info. 

Pathfinder 2500 Hybrid Mercury 300 Verado.  V8 not I6

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Evening everyone.  Just wanted to give another update.  So the prop the dealer saw best fit was a 20.5P racing rev 4.  Today we had an inshore fishing load on board with all fishing gear, approx 40g fuel, and 2 good sized guys.  Its still under break in but averaged around 3 mpg and top end without being there to long was approx 54mph into the wind.  Again I wasnt there long but I will have more info as I continue to run the boat.  Hole shot seemed pretty good but still trying to figure that out.  Boat def takes a little more to get up than my last maybe around 3' -belly button high or so.

• 3 weeks later...

Any new news on prop I’ve got the same setup with a tower and my dealer is having a time getting props. It’s been 2 weeks just trying to get one that wasn’t right 48mph according to him with nothing in the boat my previous 2500 ran 54 loaded with tower 300 Yamaha so something definitely wasn’t right.