New to the Maverick family

sunsouthsmith

Thanks! How did you rotate the picture??

I've gotta say, I'm amazed how comfortable the ride is for a relatively small, skinny water boat. I know it doesn't draft as shallow as the newer technical poling skiffs, but I can troll through 12-15 inches of water no problem, and most of the time I'll be fishing in 2-4 feet anyway. Every boat has some trade-offs, but I sure am enjoying the strengths of this one. 

Rotating pictures: 

I  Save the image my phone ... rotate one time save and close. Open it again edit to rotate to the orientation you want to post on this site. Save and close. It should post up they way you view it on your device now. Don’t ask me why but it works. Some guys say shouldn’t have to do this.it’s a problem with the sie bla bla bla, but if you want your picture to post up as desired it will work fer ya! 

1 hour ago, sunsouthsmith said:

I've gotta say, I'm amazed how comfortable the ride is for a relatively small, skinny water boat. I know it doesn't draft as shallow as the newer technical poling skiffs, but I can troll through 12-15 inches of water no problem, and most of the time I'll be fishing in 2-4 feet anyway. Every boat has some trade-offs, but I sure am enjoying the strengths of this one. 

I had the same experience.   I'd only heard the name "Maverick" but didn't know much about it or the MA, but stumbled on an old 87 that was cheap enough for me to afford.  I was on the fence until the water test.   I"d owned a bunch of boats before that ride, and simply couldn't believe that boat's ability to deal with rough water.   Now, it's ruined me forever.   You are right, it's not the skinniest hull you will find, for sure, but for your general flats angler, it's plenty skinny enough, and the stability and ride more than make up for it.   I had mine offshore this morning, I'll be fishing a river tomorrow.    The hull just makes every trip more fun.