2200V, JL Audio M880 fit?

JUSTHARV

• 1 month later...

Thanks for letting me know. I went and checked it out but the pictures were too far.

So from what I understand, if I want to add the 8.8" JL Speakers in the rod locker I would need to add a spacer or remove the rod holders in the locker. I wanted to see a picture of the speaker with the spacer. If anyone could post some that would be awesome. :) :content:

• 6 months later...

I hate to bring up an old thread but I just received my JL audio M770, M880, and M600/6 and had some questions. I wanted to install the M880 on the rod lockers and wanted to know the thickness of starboard many have used to give the speaker enough room. I have a 2004 2200v Tournament. 

I haveI have aa 04 2200TE. The aft end of my rod lockers have a 0degree smith rod holder on top close to the gunnel and JL 8.8s on the end. With both in place the 8.8s are as far in to the midline as possible before hitting the radius corner. A tight fit but very workable. I cut the inside rod locker as the profile on the 8.8s already sticks out a fair amount compared to most speakers and I do not use the area for rods. Even if you keep the back you will have trouble placing the rod butt in the opening.

Archived