22TRS Hatch issue

Waterman18

I previously posted about an issue with a warped center  hatch on my new 2020 22 TRS . The dealer ordered a new one for me and installed it yesterday. The new one is warped also! Both the left and right side are not flush with the deck. When I place the level on the underside you can see the gap created by the warping. Frustrated I reached out in the FB group and found 2 others that noticed a similar problem. I’m at a loss as it doesn’t seem like there’s any fix and it’s not really a “small” defect. I’ve asked the dealer to reach out to the factory but I’m not to sure what to expect. 

Do any other 22 owners notice a similar situation? It’s kind of ironic as I was looking for information and came upon this video on the website about how awesome their kids are! http://www.pathfinderboats.com/videos/?id=1909

First Lid:

76EF3B2E-9A60-4F7A-A84C-524F5C615808.jpegSecond Lid

05BDF14E-5D9B-41CC-AFE9-A215B4468A87.jpeg

A856BD48-1A5B-4ED0-8213-77FB10CDC943.jpeg

there are 4 factors that are involved.

1 construction of  lid

2 placement  of hinges

3 placement of gasket

4 placement of  hydraulic lift

The very first thing I  would do is to disconnect hydraulic lift and remove hinges lay the lid with nothing touching it. See how it lays on its own . Does a corner bottom out and keep that corner high.compare to original lid.  Now look at the gasket. does it level out with pressure or bottom out on a corner. 

I would  be willing to bet that the problem is  in the hinge placement causing it to bind.

Try just laying it in place or have the dealer check for cause and not just install a new part the same way.

Dealers been great. My mistake was not examining the replacement lid closely when I picked  boat up this week. Only after I got home and started putting stuff away did I take a close look. I emailed them the new photos but they closed for New Years. I’m sure I’ll hear back Monday or Tuesday. It’s definitely not a hinge problem. You can see the uneven way the level lays. I also looked on boat trader at some new boats for sale and saw similar front lids. 

Sometimes it is really hard to tell from pictures. If you place the level on the top of the lid is it flat or concave? The section just towards the rear of boat from the lid, is it flat or convex? It looks like the lid lines up fairly well with the two side hatches, but is definitely not the same shape as the part just towards the rear of the boat. Could it be that part is convex and it makes the lid look like it is warped?

21 hours ago, Waterman18 said:

Dealers been great. My mistake was not examining the replacement lid closely when I picked  boat up this week. Only after I got home and started putting stuff away did I take a close look. I emailed them the new photos but they closed for New Years. I’m sure I’ll hear back Monday or Tuesday. It’s definitely not a hinge problem. You can see the uneven way the level lays. I also looked on boat trader at some new boats for sale and saw similar front lids. 

This is my 2012 TRS. I would not settle for anything less. Just sayin....right is right

front hatch.jpg

Front Hatch port.jpg

Front Hatch starboard.jpg

• 1 month later...

So...Dealer got 3rd hatch in and it has the same problem!

Luckily i went up there to check it out before dragging the boat . Level show warping , they said they'd send it back and I said whats the point?

While I was there I looked a new 22T and as soon as I saw it I could tell it was warped also. The salesman noticed it as soon I pointed.

So, what to do? I reached out to a factory rep previously and he mentioned the dealer would take care of it but how can the dealer fix a factory issue.

Now, with he change in ownership who knows what kind of response I'll get.

Kinda *** paying for upper tier and getting middle.