2021 Islamorada tournament

SeaSerpent123

5 hours ago, Headhunter said:

Sorry all, we have to pull the plug. I finally got my hand surgery scheduled and it's on the 20th so no driving or fishing for a while. Next year, I hope!

Catch em up!

What kind of surgery are you having?  My hands are a train wreck!  I've had 4 surgeries on my right hand/thumb in the past several years, now need to have surgery for trigger finger on the same hand, plus will probably have same surgery on left thumb that I had in November on my right hand.  If I can ever help or offer any advice, let me know.  

20 hours ago, Big Dave said:

What kind of surgery are you having?  My hands are a train wreck!  I've had 4 surgeries on my right hand/thumb in the past several years, now need to have surgery for trigger finger on the same hand, plus will probably have same surgery on left thumb that I had in November on my right hand.  If I can ever help or offer any advice, let me know.  

Dave,

When I was in the hospital I spent 2 weeks in a recliner because I couldn't sleep in their bed. My arms were always resting on the armrests so I compressed the area in my elbow where the nerves that controlled my pinky and second finger were crushed. I lost all feeling in those fingers and my pinky curled up and will not straighten. They plan on an incision at my elbow and then remove some material in the area where the nerves pass relieving the pressure on the nerves where they pass at the funny bone. Plan B would be to re-route the nerves around the elbow. I also have minor carpel tunnel in both hands but don't plan anything there. I am not to happy about it but this is the last issue I have from my hospital stay last year. Does any of this sound like what you went through?

Chuck

19 hours ago, Headhunter said:

Dave,

When I was in the hospital I spent 2 weeks in a recliner because I couldn't sleep in their bed. My arms were always resting on the armrests so I compressed the area in my elbow where the nerves that controlled my pinky and second finger were crushed. I lost all feeling in those fingers and my pinky curled up and will not straighten. They plan on an incision at my elbow and then remove some material in the area where the nerves pass relieving the pressure on the nerves where they pass at the funny bone. Plan B would be to re-route the nerves around the elbow. I also have minor carpel tunnel in both hands but don't plan anything there. I am not to happy about it but this is the last issue I have from my hospital stay last year. Does any of this sound like what you went through?

Chuck

Jeeze, Chuck you've been through the ringer.  Last November I had CMC PAL Suspensionplasty with an internal brace ligament augmentation in my right thumb (basically reconstruction).  Previously, I had two surgeries on that thumb for torn ulnar collateral ligament.  Then, I also had FCR tendon surgery in that same wrist.  So, my right hand has been a train wreck (too many years of football, baseball, rugby, etc.).  Now I have stenosing tenosynovitis (trigger finger) in my right hand as well, so I'm seeing a hand surgeon for that in a couple of weeks.  And, the thumb on my left hand will likely need the same surgery I had on the right last fall.  Oh the joys of getting older!  Pray your surgery is successful and you have full recovery.  

• 2 weeks later...

We will be down there on Weds.  John is already down there for Dive Training and had the boat at Breezy for a pre-trip with his ladies. 

Jeremey is going to bring his big fryer so get some fish to throw in !!

And let’s not talk about the forecast and jinx it, Okay !! 

Safe Travels !!

Marc

• Like 1