2021 SW FL MOT at The Tarpon Lodge

DblPly

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back from the 2021 SW Florida MOT at the Tarpon Lodge.  Had an excellent time and caught a few fish (3 small Tarpon, 1 Ladyfish, and a Mangrove Snapper), that’s fly fishing I guess.  Many boats and attendees this year with lots of fish caught, live bait was the key, but many were also caught on artificials.  For me a purple and black gurgler and chartreuse/white weighted streamer worked well.  The weather was generally good with strong afternoon thunderstorms and some wind thrown in.  The 2022 SW Florida MOT is scheduled for June 24-25 at the Tarpon Lodge, make your reservations soon, it fills up pretty quick…. I’m already registered for June 22-26😉. We’ll start that countdown in January…

83C0F352-BE56-4923-BE9D-419EDBC6D138.jpeg

• Thanks 1

It was nice meeting you at the event. You were kind enough to let invite my wife and I to sit at your table. I look forward to next years event. I am going to take your lead and book a room now. Also, I want to thank everyone at MBG for putting on such a nice event. Mike Hancock.

I saw some of y’all running around for a couple days and it got the juices flowing. We were on our family vacation on N Captiva and I couldn’t convince my crew(wife, 8 yr old, 3 yr old) to fish a tourney on our last day (of 9) down there. I hope this event continues because I’d love to include it on our vacation once my kids are a little older. Talked to some guys in a Maverick while we were fishing at the house on Captiva Pass that were very nice, I’m sure y’all all had a blast 

19 hours ago, MikeH said:

It was nice meeting you at the event. You were kind enough to let invite my wife and I to sit at your table. I look forward to next years event. I am going to take your lead and book a room now. Also, I want to thank everyone at MBG for putting on such a nice event. Mike Hancock.

It was nice meeting you and your wife as well…. Hope to see you there next year, or maybe even in Islamorada in September…

• Like 1