Battery Issues, what would you do?

coopaloopa

On 1/10/2021 at 7:31 AM, smilemaker said:

coopaloopa, do a little  reading on dc chargers. there are two basic systems with different ways that they work. Stealth (advocated by many here) and yandina (used by many on THT website)

I use the yandina for various reasons but read up and see whuch suits your needs.

Thanks for the tip! I read about the different in methodology between stealth and yandina. Just curious why you prefer the yandina method over the stealth? Am I right in seeing the setup for the trollbridge being really simple? Looks like I just connect the leads to the batteries and just make sure the pos and neg to trolling motor are coming out of the yardina?

it is fairly simple. Only  one caveat.

When installing no leads can touch each other. I tzpe each lead before installing and only take the tape off just before I  put it on.

I like it because if you are out on the sand bar you can have them in parallel and use all 3 tm batteries for the stereo.

I have mine set up with hard wire switches  to  force it into which  ever mode I  want or go to automatic.