Fuel Leak

Lowcountry Joe

Yesterday I smelled gas in the console. I removed the floor panel covering the fuel tank and found a small puddle of gas beneath the two large lines. There are three fuel lines and I think the two larger ones are the overflow line and the fill line, while the third line goes to the engine. I'm not sure of these lines maybe somebody can confirm what I'm seeing. Anyway I tightened all the hose clamps and today I'm going to run the engine and check for leaks. Any other suggestions. Has anyone else experienced this problem ?

Running the engine is not likely to show a leak. If it is the line to the engine it would run but show signs of ***ing air.

I would clean the area and take it for a bouncy ride on the trailor. Then check again. If the fuel level is low fill her up and have someone look as gas goes in.

You can also pressurized the tank by putting an air hose on a funnel and placing funnel over the vent fitting . Then check

You might have a leaking gasket where the fuel sender attaches to the tank.

You can use the method suggested; funnel and air hose. I wouldn't use more than five (5) lb. of air pressure. Put some soapy water around the top of the tank where the fuel sender screws down to the tank. If there is a leak, the soapy water will bubble. Then try the area where the hoses attach to the tank, using the same method.

You'll have to have someone holding the funnel and air hose while you apply soapy water and observe for bubbles.

Archived