Good marine spotlight

jason p

Looking for some recommendations for a good marine spot light for those early morning tarpon trips soon to come. I don't mind spending a little money to get one that lasts. I'm sick of replacing them. 12V, rechargeable, or both, I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks in advance fellas.

This is What I have found and did.

No matter how much you spend its always the switch that corrodes and fails. So 8+ years ago I bought the cheapest light from Harbor Freight, took the light apart and byp***ed the switched. Soldered and heat shrinked wires right to the lamp. Yes its a bit of pain to plug and unplug to turn it on and off, but on the plus side its worked flawless for over 8 years.

LED flashlights are so good now that they work just as good as one of those big 12v units. Check out a Olight m22. Rechargable batteries and the entire light fits in your hand, pocket or bag. Note that flashlights are addicting and there're soo many quality flashlights out there definitely shop around to find one you like.

Been using a Stanley 10w led with lithium ion batts for close to 2 years now.

http://www.amazon.com/Stanley-LEDLIS-Lithium-Rechargeable-Spotlight/dp/B00AHJZBCG

Ive not found another to beat it for brightness reliability etc yet and have yet to have it run out of juice. Nothing marine about it though its not water proof... its been wet a few times with no ill effects.

Archived