2021 Lunar Calendar

Lines up nicely for those of us who work during the week and are mostly limited to fishing on the weekends.  

2021 Lunar Calendar

New Moon

Full Moon

Wed 1/13/2021

Wed 1/20/2021

Thur 2/11/2021

Fri 2/19/2021

Sat 3/13/2021

Sun 3/21/2021

Sun 4/11/2021

Tue 4/20/2021

Tue 5/11/2021

Wed 5/19/2021

Thur 6/10/2021

Thur 6/17/2021

Fri 7/9/2021

Sat 7/17/2021

Sun 8/8/2021

Sun 8/15/2021

Mon 9/6/2021

Mon 9/13/2021

Wed 10/6/2021

Tue 10/12/2021

Thur 11/4/2021

Thur 11/11/2021

Sat 12/4/2021

Fri 12/10/2021

2020 Lunar Calendar.docx

• Like 2

20 hours ago, jh141 said:

Nice info Dave, Thanks. 

Dave, how comfortable would you be running a 2200 Pathfinder out of Chokoloskee?  Is a 2200 to big to get it done in North ENP? 

You'd be fine, so long as you know where you are going!  Do you have a good MFD and are you running Florida Marine Tracks?  

I do, have a 16" Lowrance Carbon and a FMT.  Thanks for the reply. Going to have to make the trip soon. Want to expand my horizons. For me it is exactly the same mileage from my house to Choko  or Flamingo. Much easier drive to Choko as Outlaw has pointed out but I love WWB and can always do well there. 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2021 at 8:43 PM, jh141 said:

Nice info Dave, Thanks. 

Dave, how comfortable would you be running a 2200 Pathfinder out of Chokoloskee?  Is a 2200 to big to get it done in North ENP? 

Boat is WAY too big to fish Choko....stay in WWB...too many fisherman in Choko these days :)

In all seriousness, I ran a 22 pathy for 7 years in Choko, only broke 2 skegs and never had to spend the night (LOL).....

many  guides run Pathy's out of Outdoor Resorts and a good starting point is to launch from Rod and Gun as their is no danger of low tide issues (well they are less) as you enter and leave the Barron River vs running across Choko Bay (In/Out).

Once you get to know the area you'll be able to judge where you can go and where you can't based upon tide levels at certain points during the days on specific shorelines....you can get in and out of the Chatham and Houston easily on an average low tide, and you get a bit of pucker on negative lows...again, with an FMT it makes life easier but NOT fool proof.

My MA17 draws about as much as a Pathy 22; however, it's about 1K lbs lighter and easier to push off after a wooohhhh-woooooh-woooooh - had one this weekend when I wasn't paying attention.....ran aground 1 mile off of New Turkey....go figure....anyways, come on over and follow a few folks and you'll be fine.....

DC

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jh141 said:

Thanks DC,  Yes its the getting unstuck thing that concerns me. My 24 foot Stiffy Hybrid push pole needs a recoat. I think I will get that done and then go for it. 

I used to carry a 16 foot two piece push pole......hmmmmm.....never had to use it ????? NOT :)

I have had a few close calls.......we hit an alligator up in Wood Key on a negative low....we were hauling arse out of a creek in the back and a darn gator jumped right off the bank into the path of the boat.....no way to stop....gator tots for all the crabbies that night.....we've been covered with mud a few times and were doing the Tom's bight hula shuffle.....where you are with the JP on 6 and Don is on the bow doing the Hula to free up the hull with the Trolling motor spewing mud everywhere and I"m on the stern like a Gondola driver in Italy grunting with the push pole.....it's not a pretty sight...... (LOL).

DC

• Like 1