HPX T repower

flyfishinglife

I have the original 2001 Yamaha 70 two stroke on my 01 HPX T. I've replaced not digital Yamaha guages, the speedo a couple years ago. Can anyone tell me if my controls and gauges would be compatible with a new F70LA Yamaha? Just trying to figure how much additional cost for rigging the new engine may require. I'm already going ahead with Baystar hydraulic steering on my boat. Gets harder every season to keep the original cable steer system from seizing. Thanks!

I have the original 2001 Yamaha 70 two stroke on my 01 HPX T. I've replaced not digital Yamaha guages, the speedo a couple years ago. Can anyone tell me if my controls and gauges would be compatible with a new F70LA Yamaha? Just trying to figure how much additional cost for rigging the new engine may require. I'm already going ahead with Baystar hydraulic steering on my boat. Gets harder every season to keep the original cable steer system from seizing. Thanks!

Sorry can't help with the comparability, but will say I had same issue with steering and replaced my steering tube with a stainless one and solved that issue. That along with new NFB cable and it was smooth as silk and no freezing up. Ez, cheap and reliable...

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived