Lowrance gen2 vs gen3

mulligan

3d is the only portion "not supported" on the gen 2 and other models.... you can still use it on gen 2 for the xtra range and image clarity it also provides on regular SS and down scan. Personally when I get it I don't see me using the 3d portion of it.... if you understand what you are looking at in 2d the 3d is of little benefit, but it is pretty cool

Thanks. I played with both at the store today and could not see enough difference to justify the price although the multi touch on the gen3 was nice.

I am guessing that the 83/200 ducer that comes with them will not give me downscan?

They do make one that does do all 3... youll have to check and see whats in the bundle

Gen 3 supports the 3D structurescan, which in my book seals the deal. The 2D structurescan was just meh to me, but the 3D is the real deal.

Agree -This is what made me go with the Gen 3. Of course, then you get to spend another grand to get the 3D structure scan.

Yep, but it sure puts a smile on your face knowing what's down there.

Boat=Break out another thousand.

The 3D was "cool" but I just do not see myself using it much. To be honest up until the last few trips out I do not think I have turned my current unit on more than 5 times in the few years I have had it.

I went ahead and ordered a Gen2, I just could not justify spending more than 2x the $ for a 3.

FYI. When I called tech support they answered right away and were very helpful.

It seems like most of the head units are about the same price. The best deal on a 9 bundle that I found was from B***Pro. With B***Pro you get a gift card from BP plus the Lowrance rebate. I your case you might get more with you military discount, not sure if you get one on sale items. I know where you can get a Gen1 cheap. ;)

It seems like most of the head units are about the same price. The best deal on a 9 bundle that I found was from B***Pro. With B***Pro you get a gift card from BP plus the Lowrance rebate. I your case you might get more with you military discount, not sure if you get one on sale items. I know where you can get a Gen1 cheap. ;)

Whomever you use you've got to contact them for a price... they are only allowed to advertise Msrp pricing

I looked at the but not too hard, I was wanting to step up to a 9" screen and did not think they came in 9.

The only units I played with were the Gen2,3 and the two Simrads, GO and evo. Of the 4 I liked the evo the best as it was even easy for me to get around and I am a non gadget person. If I went with the evo it would have been the 7" and cost more than the gen2 9"

Archived