96 MA Fuel sending unit

Fatherof4

Hello All.  I have a 96 MA.  18.5ft.  I recently repowered (last summer) and had the shop replace all the gauges.  I went with original Yamaha gauges, and when I did so, they did not replace the fuel sending unit, just the gas gauge.  Now, the gauge is off when paired with the old sending unit.  

Do I need a new sending unit?  SHop said they could not be calibrated.  I asked the shop to replace the sending unit, they advised there is no access hatch to the tank...find that hard to believe, but, will confirm myself.

Any thoughts? Advice?

with the new gauge, its analog.  So when the tank is full, it reads really high about the "full mark" on the gauge.  As I burn gas, it lowers into the full or 3/4 tank position.  Rather, than when full, reading full or a tad above, it's like wrapped 1/2 way around the dial....

There typically the same. I’m sure it has the typical wire arm that the float is attached. They sell them at west marine in adjustable size. There is only two wires red and black to hook up. There is no calibration. Just keep in mind these senders are never that accurate. On my boat full registers sometimes with full bars or one less and that’s after I replaced it with a new one. The old one would stay stuck on full all day. I know my motor makes 3.5 miles per gallon so that’s is how I keep track of how much gas I have left.

good luck