Is this a 1 off or custom?

CRC

We just tried to buy a used boat privately. We were in a couple of deals and neither had the title. In both cases the banks would not release the title until they were paid which is fine but in neither case would they send the title to me, just to the old owner. Again, in both cases the title was not held locally so there would have been a time I would have the boat with no title. Not good for me since both deals were not local. Yes, you can escrow the money, run it through a dealer etc but it kills any savings you get on the price and tax. Sorry, I am not as trusting as I used to be so we ended up placing an order for another Pathfinder that will show up someday. 

On 6/24/2021 at 8:53 AM, Headhunter said:

We just tried to buy a used boat privately. We were in a couple of deals and neither had the title. In both cases the banks would not release the title until they were paid which is fine but in neither case would they send the title to me, just to the old owner. Again, in both cases the title was not held locally so there would have been a time I would have the boat with no title. Not good for me since both deals were not local. Yes, you can escrow the money, run it through a dealer etc but it kills any savings you get on the price and tax. Sorry, I am not as trusting as I used to be so we ended up placing an order for another Pathfinder that will show up someday. 

I hear you on pathy order time; I was ready to pull the trigger on matching pathfinder to my maverick and had all air let out of my balloon when told 8 months best case before starting 

On 6/23/2021 at 9:34 PM, CRC said:

I think the last 2 major years for used boats was 1997/8 and 2008. The  2020/ 2021 excess will be the next monster used boat market glut. Give it some time.  Boats are not appreciable assets. Period. 

Yep !!!

Wait until interest rates go to 10 % due to this inflation going nuts,  like the last time and this will result in a what you are saying...i agree, not an appreciating asset, but, for some reason now, some people have lost their minds.....

DC