Yamaha Gauges backplate adapter?

FooFoo502

ok, odd question but about to go insane trying to find an answer so though somebody here might know. I decided to buy new gauges for my old 1994 130TLRS. Got the 6y5 ones that I will need a wiring harness adapter for, but these new ones came with the screw on type backing plate...whereas the older ones used the pressure style u-clamp, where the screw posts are built into the actual gauges housing. My 1994 MA17 has some kind of clam-shell raised gauge housings that keep them eye level, but the problem is, they are exactly the same size as the gauge body...and deep enough that I can't screw the back on. Does anybody know if there is some kind of adapter for this weird situation? I could just remove those clamshells but then would have to stand up to see the gauges properly.

On 4/24/2021 at 5:43 PM, FooFoo502 said:

ok, odd question but about to go insane trying to find an answer so though somebody here might know. I decided to buy new gauges for my old 1994 130TLRS. Got the 6y5 ones that I will need a wiring harness adapter for, but these new ones came with the screw on type backing plate...whereas the older ones used the pressure style u-clamp, where the screw posts are built into the actual gauges housing. My 1994 MA17 has some kind of clam-shell raised gauge housings that keep them eye level, but the problem is, they are exactly the same size as the gauge body...and deep enough that I can't screw the back on. Does anybody know if there is some kind of adapter for this weird situation? I could just remove those clamshells but then would have to stand up to see the gauges properly.

Can you post some pics...i am having a hard time visualizing what you are describing on the clam shell...I am doing the same on my 1995 MA17...and I don't have any type of clam shell.

DC