How Does The Pathfinder Finish Hold Up?

Ron in Atlanta

18 hours ago, FINCHASER said:

Nice.... dont you use zaino on it?

Does he use Zaino’s ?    Ron is Mr ZAINO.    Ron’s boat, trailer, truck, car, even his mailbox at home has been zainoed. 👍Ron’s bilge is cleaner than most boats hull. He is an absolute clean freak and I’m willing to bet that nobody can find a boat any cleaner and polished as Ron’s. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, fishmanjj said:

Ron’s boat, trailer, truck, car, even his mailbox at home has been zainoed.

One more thing to add to the list...we are heading to the beach, with the boat of course, and Laurie said something about getting a bikini wax.  Wax? Sounds like a job for Zaino.  I grabbed a bottle of Z-3 and the foam applicator but by the time I got back into the house, she had run out the back door...🙂

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Ron in Atlanta said:

One more thing to add to the list...we are heading to the beach, with the boat of course, and Laurie said something about getting a bikini wax.  Wax? Sounds like a job for Zaino.  I grabbed a bottle of Z-3 and the foam applicator but by the time I got back into the house, she had run out the back door...🙂

Ron, I was trying to be a gentlemen but since you brought it up, I was going to say You even use zaino on Laurie to make her slick and shine. Even through she doesn’t need it. 😀👍fin

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bamaskeet said:

Ron - Don’t forget some towels to wipe the hard SGI water off

Michael, absolutely.  Your comments about the hard water out there a few years ago saved me from lot's of problems.  Ever since your warning, I carry a jug of distilled water for the screens and windshield and do bring the bath size, 100 cotton towels to wipe the boat down.  Thank you again for that great tip!!

4 hours ago, fin-addict said:

You even use zaino on Laurie to make her slick and shine. Even through she doesn’t need it. 😀👍fin

You're right, she is slick and shiny already.

I think it's Jeff Foxworthy that says, "how can someone who pores boiling hot wax over their private parts, then rips it off along with some stray hairs be afraid of a little spider?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Ron in Atlanta said:

Is this a contest?

The 20 footer at 1,000 hours...

845578952_MissLaurie-1.thumb.jpg.ccc2b90d6b8f3335c7aa31827d5d6973.jpg

723153880_MissLaurie-2.thumb.jpg.2e7d9c7d3f93799708d1d0410d5b253b.jpg

The new 2200 TRS.  I'm a little embarrassed about the corrosion on the thru hull...

1134163333_BilgeRepair-4.thumb.jpg.b4298b6da46a4c7a2b0a42b116288837.jpg

It was a contest until you posted those pictures.  I might have to reassess my bilge cleaning skills (and I thought I was good). 😄

• Haha 1

Where do you stay on SGI?  Considering a little getaway to the panhandle area this summer.  I’d prefer middle Keys but wife wants to look at Panhandle to Gulf Shores.  I’ve heard good things about SGI and always wanted to explore Apalachicola area

3 hours ago, rubble said:

Where do you stay on SGI?  Considering a little getaway to the panhandle area this summer.  I’d prefer middle Keys but wife wants to look at Panhandle to Gulf Shores.  I’ve heard good things about SGI and always wanted to explore Apalachicola area

Yes, my wife loves St George Island.  We spoke seriously about somewhere else for the future but it always comes back to SGI.  The beaches are empty, local restaurants serve seafood right off the boat and things in general are quiet out there, sort of the opposite of Panama City, Destin, Ft Lauderdale, etc.  We’ve stayed out there a dozen times always renting a small house right on the beach.  Although we always bring the boat, there is nothing quite like waking up and having breakfast on the deck overlooking the Gulf watching Dolphin and Osprey fishing a couple of hundred yards away.

We always go “off season” usually late September or October and rent a house on the beach, The Lone Starfish and Going Coastal are favorites.  There are a few real estate rental companies out there, we use Fickling.

Just like boat sales have been through the roof, rentals of these homes is very active right now as the pandemic starts to recede, may be difficult to find vacancies.

Bring the boat to explore the Apalachicola River, Dog Island, etc and anchor off a totally deserted beach somewhere. 

PM me and leave a phone number if you want more details.

On 5/9/2021 at 8:30 AM, Ron in Atlanta said:

Is this a contest?

The 20 footer at 1,000 hours...

845578952_MissLaurie-1.thumb.jpg.ccc2b90d6b8f3335c7aa31827d5d6973.jpg

723153880_MissLaurie-2.thumb.jpg.2e7d9c7d3f93799708d1d0410d5b253b.jpg

The new 2200 TRS.  I'm a little embarrassed about the corrosion on the thru hull...

1134163333_BilgeRepair-4.thumb.jpg.b4298b6da46a4c7a2b0a42b116288837.jpg

Ron....YOU WIN !    If my bilge was ever that clean it would have been the day she rolled off the assembly line....and I can honestly say she is not that clean now. Don’t worry about that surface corrosion on the the hulls, if you leave them alone, they will eventually turn completely green of which the new generation call “ verde” and it’s considered a cool color 😂😎🎣👍

10 hours ago, rubble said:

I’ve heard good things about SGI and always wanted to explore Apalachicola area

Rubble, I forgot to add a few pictures plus mention that many of the rentals and the beach are dog friendly...

IMG_4812.thumb.JPG.c1f1b1b3e693cb9816b787823cf60c7a.JPG

Shot from the back deck

IMG_4805.thumb.JPG.133556cbcf580fd54f93adff5f8c2beb.JPG

IMG_3236.thumb.JPG.285d73ecf0d4c8a5ae63b214f18a6178.JPG

IMG_3272.thumb.JPG.fc82b1d0e83e76354b699f5e840be387.JPG

There is a very convenient public floating dock right in downtown Apalachicola.  You can walk to coffee and muffin shops.

IMG_2273.thumb.JPG.873e45d773ae9e7b143260e45c133159.JPG

Nearby there are a number of deserted beaches.  We anchor in 2 feet of water and walk on in.

IMG_4794.thumb.JPG.ea9d7e6697a3e774e1786a26a88f5406.JPG

Show these to your wife.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, HewesYourDaddy said:

Can I at least get an honorable mention on my 20yr old 1900T bilge cleanliness?

OK, I give up!  A 20 year old boat, you could literally eat your lunch out of the bilge - great job!  Undoubtedly the cleanest bilge on the Forum.

The only thing that I am aquatinted with that is waxed and looks better than that, I can not show on this family friendly forum🙂.

Seriously, that is a great job, what does the rest of the boat look like??

• Like 1
  • Haha 1