2000 MA21

Rustycoke

I bought one about a year ago and haven’t looked back, there have been no major issues. Its older so you have the wear and tear things to deal with. Mine has a Yamaha 225 with about 1k hours on it. It sat on a boat lift uncovered for most of its life. With that said most of what I have done has been cosmetic and I haven’t owned it very long. To date this is what I have done:

General engine run through ie maintenance (everything recommended in the manual).

New shifter w/ both cables

New fuel filter and lines

New battery charger

Powder coated the poling plat form

Installed an audio system

Replaced one of the live well pumps

New fish finder/chart plotter combo

Replaced nav lights

Replaced random hardware in around the boat (a few screws in the rod holders and in the rod lockers)

Spent a weekend wet sanding and buffing the hull.

The only haul type issue we had was one of the hatch lids had a soft spot in it. We pulled the one screw out that connects a strap to the lid, let it dry out and filled-injected resin into it. It seems to be fine.

The boat has been great to us, maybe I got lucky but I think if you look it over good you will know if it’s had a hard life. We have camped on ours for ten days going from Key Largo to the Marquesas, if you give yourself the time and whether holds up there is a lot you can do in a 21! Good Luck