WTS New Yamaha Pro Series 13.5 x 21p

Zesty

Considered by some to be THE Prop for the 18 HPX with a F115.  This one has never been run.  Discontinued a few years back, the 21 Pro is hard to find new.  
I love this prop as I have two others but I found a four blade I like, so I don’t need a 3rd.  
Will run 50-53 mph on my 2013 with F115LA. 
Asking $599 plus shipping 

located in Jax Beach,FL

2A7EB5D4-43F7-4303-8B2F-1066D0D08465.jpeg

EBA2EA64-0075-4382-B15E-B03E2AA3CAA4.jpeg

95F87ACA-271C-4A74-B6A9-A5238D1DE21F.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

The boat has a harder time turning the the PT vs the Yamaha.  I believe the PT is a more heavy duty build compared to the Yamaha, with thicker blades.  It also didn't have as much bow lift.  I have the older 115LA engine and '13 hull, so if you have the latest 115LB, or Sho version, it might run better, since that engine has more RPM and perhaps a litter better torque.

• Like 1

Thank you for the info. I also have a 115LA ‘12 , just bought it for my son. Think I will keep searching for that pro. Have a PTR4 17P right now but it doesn’t like it. What 4 blade did you have luck with? If you don’t mind sharing what numbers are you getting?

I’ve tried a ported RXB4 in an18 and 19 pitch. The 19 was to big, but the 18 did ok.  Holeshot was amazing but it loose grip in fast corners.  And once it made a little bottom contact and lost some of it’s perfect edge it just didn’t lift the bow any more to get up on the pad.  I would see 47 mph when it was new at 6000 rpm. 

The Yamaha Pro offers 48 to 52 mph between 5600 and 5800 rpm.  

ive heard good things about the Talon SS4 in an 18 pitch in this forum, but haven’t tried it.  

good luck in your search 

4 hours ago, Zesty said:

I’ve tried a ported RXB4 in an18 and 19 pitch. The 19 was to big, but the 18 did ok.  Holeshot was amazing but it loose grip in fast corners.  And once it made a little bottom contact and lost some of it’s perfect edge it just didn’t lift the bow any more to get up on the pad.  I would see 47 mph when it was new at 6000 rpm. 

The Yamaha Pro offers 48 to 52 mph between 5600 and 5800 rpm.  

ive heard good things about the Talon SS4 in an 18 pitch in this forum, but haven’t tried it.  

good luck in your search 

I posted about the Talon SS4 18p, it's a great prop if you're running heavy and also in the winter time for running skinny. Holeshot is stellar as is grip, you can trim it through the roof. It does leave a little to be desired on top end and when you pin it and trim it out you will hit the rev limiter on a F115. I tried like hell to find the 20 pitch somewhere and NO ONE has it anywhere I could find and they all said they could order it and call me when it came in but they had no idea when that would be.

I feel like for the way I run the Talon SS4 in an 20 pitch would be the perfect all around prop, just can't seem to find one. Right now I'm switching between the SS4 and a 3 blade 21 pitch depending on my plan for the day. 3 blade is the same as others have experienced, lost grip in the corners.

Thanks for the insight on the Talon SS4.  The Yamaha Performance 4 blade (discontinued) I tried 1st when the boat was new in 2013 had similar characteristics and was a 20 pitch.  Boat did 47 mph without a trolling motor and 2 batteries so your thoughts on the talon in a 20 could be right.  I exchanged it for the Pro 21 since I wanted the speed. Boat does 53 with out a TM. 

• 1 month later...
On 5/18/2022 at 10:28 PM, Zesty said:

Thanks for the insight on the Talon SS4.  The Yamaha Performance 4 blade (discontinued) I tried 1st when the boat was new in 2013 had similar characteristics and was a 20 pitch.  Boat did 47 mph without a trolling motor and 2 batteries so your thoughts on the talon in a 20 could be right.  I exchanged it for the Pro 21 since I wanted the speed. Boat does 53 with out a TM. 

Well I finally ordered the Talon SS4 in a 20p. After having the 18 pitch and running it all winter, the speeds I was seeing in my initial testing have come down a bit. I have been consistently seeing 44-45 ready to fish, casting platform cost a little speed also. I consistently ran out of RPMs with the 18p since my F115 only runs to 6100 which was my limiting factor with the 18p.

To the 20 pitch, after having to wait on it to come in I got a chance to run it for the first time last night. As expected I continued to see the great lift and great grip/range of trim without blowing out. This prop just stays hooked up. Cruise speed is excellent which is what I was after with this prop. By myself with 3/4+ tank fuel, 2 batteries in the bow, trolling motor and casting platform it would touch 50.

Overall VERY happy with this prop and stoked about the performance of it.

1 hour ago, Tender said:

This prop just stays hooked up. Cruise speed is excellent which is what I was after with this prop. By myself with 3/4+ tank fuel, 2 batteries in the bow, trolling motor and casting platform it would touch 50.

Overall VERY happy with this prop and stoked about the performance of it.

Sounds like a winner!  What RPMs are you reaching at WOT with the 20 pitch?