Cordless Spotlight

MuddyBottomBluz

I posted this a few years ago and the one I purchased died and the battery is just as expensive as a new light. Since there are some new folks on here I thought I would ask again, or if one of the "older" forum folk picked up a new one you are happy with then let me hear what ya got!

I am headed to the keys for 2 weeks and want to do some night fishing and prefer not having to deal with a cord.

Been using these for a few years now..... exceptionally bright and proven to last for me.  At the time I was researching this the streamlight waypoint was what alot of people were using but I think its garbage its not bright enough and has a very narrow beam.  The Stanleys beam seems to be the perfect balance of spread

https://www.amazon.com/STANLEY-SL10LEDS-920-Lumen-Rechargeable-Spotlight/dp/B00OU67Z80/ref=asc_df_B00OU67Z80/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=198090983914&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=11115066361006231885&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9012227&hvtargid=pla-358345662183&psc=1

• Like 1

I am the type of person who spends way too much time researching what might be the best of any given product. Within the last year I wanted to replace my 20+ year old Q-Beam - you know the one with the old kinked up power cord and weighed about 5 pounds! Well, after what seemed like hours of researching best handheld spotlights I purchased a Streamlight Waypoint 300. I am completely satisfied with my purchase. I have used it at night crossing Charlotte Harbor. It works great. Watch the attached video from Streamlight. I would buy it again if necessary. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, SouthernWake said:

I had a cheap waterproof black and decker I kept in the duck boat that worked great.

For everyone- don’t run with your spotlight permanently on or even worse a light bar on your boat. It’s a serious peeve of mine

I agree with you regarding the light bars. I have always thought that running at night with a light bar would be illegal, but I haven't bothered to look for the law. 

• Like 1

I am leaning towards the Stanley, remember I still have to put gas in the boat!:o

The tech is getting better and better, long gone are the halogen days.

I agree with the lightbar issue. The people who put them on their vehicles and use them on the roads are fools, maybe the spotlight will come in handy and blast them and see how they like it. I guess reading comprehension is declining in this country, "Off Road Use Only"..........what does that mean?O.o 

• Haha 1

Here are a couple links to the law. It seems like the answer to the question "are light bars legal to run at night" has the answer of a definite "yes/no/maybe/it depends." I also found a couple threads on The Hull Truth that got quite heated (typical). 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/33/83.20

https://www.navcen.uscg.gov/?pageName=NavRulesAmalgamated#rule20