Anywhere to mount 10" sub on 2400TRS?

Redchaser12

Thats the same place and only place I can see doing it. I am in the same place though with the batteries in there.

But on the other hand, the cooler seat will hide it so it wouldn't look that bad and out of place.

I also thought about doing 4 of the JL 8.8's instead, but from what I have heard, they are great, but just still not that of a sub.

Don't want to get too complicated but are you mounting it open air or building a box for it. If a box will it be ported or sealed.

Looked at the JL site. Man they are proud of their fibergl*** enclosure. From my understanding though is that an enclosed system gives a better sound, but then again a boat is a different animal.

I thought about the JL 8.8's as a replacement to my wet sounds 8" up front and the 6's in the back. But I'm not sure if there is enough space to fit the JL8.8's. They are about 2 inches deeper than the wet sounds. Next time the boats in the driveway I'm going to see exactly how much room there is in the front. There's plenty of depth mounting the rear speakers under the flip up seats, but the 7 something inch diameter may be hard to fit. The 6" ones I have now are pretty tight

I have all JL system speakers and amp. I upgraded from 7.7's to 8.8's on the console. Going to relocate the 7.7's to under the gunnel where I have a access/inspection plate for my fuel tank fill Neck. If I can route the wire I will be installing on one the other side as well. I will then have a total of 8 JL speakers. The new 8.8's shake my console the b*** difference from the 7.7 to 8.8's is very noticeable. Now I'm on the search for a new amp. Not sure what I'm doing yet. JL M800/8 or keeping my 400/4 bridging them for the 8.8's and adding a 600/6 amp. I would like to only have one amp for simplicity but not sure they make a single amp for my application. It was super tight installing these 8.8's in the space I did.

EB02753F-D441-4061-8337-EA4766536666_zpseoj8wvcv.jpg

I have all JL system speakers and amp. I upgraded from 7.7's to 8.8's on the console. Going to relocate the 7.7's to under the gunnel where I have a access/inspection plate for my fuel tank fill Neck. If I can route the wire I will be installing on one the other side as well. I will then have a total of 8 JL speakers. The new 8.8's shake my console the b*** difference from the 7.7 to 8.8's is very noticeable. Now I'm on the search for a new amp. Not sure what I'm doing yet. JL M800/8 or keeping my 400/4 bridging them for the 8.8's and adding a 600/6 amp. I would like to only have one amp for simplicity but not sure they make a single amp for my application. It was super tight installing these 8.8's in the space I did.

EB02753F-D441-4061-8337-EA4766536666_zpseoj8wvcv.jpg

Wetsounds Sinister 6 will blow your mind...

Its a very powerful amp, I actually think they have it underrated. Ive had JL Audio before and probably will never go back. I installed 4 8'' Wetsounds and 1 Two ohm 10 with the Sinister SD6 amp. The amp is a 6x185w, bridge the last two channels for your subs "Or 8.8s". On average most amps are 100w per channel, the extra 85w is quite noticeable.

After re reading your post, personally i wouldn't put 8 in the boat, i have 5 and can't think straight when its all the way up. More amp draw on your battery and less draft with the added weight with 8 speakers and another amp. Put it this way, I run the gain at 50%.

Archived