Brown Lines in Hull

Frenchy630

Anyone ever bought a brand new 25 hybrid and have brown lines in their hull? Took it to pathfinder and Steve Berry did nothing except place the blame on us. He first said it was dawn dish soap (which Pathfinder uses at their factory to wash their boats out off line up), then it was well water (which we do not have)... He claimed to have sent pics off to someone to investigate and it came back as hard water lines (we live in the city - no hard water from us).  So pathfinders fix was to buff and wax (which we already tried and the lines come back)... Left now with lines in a 115k boat and pathfinder does not want to help. Any advice? Anyone experience this? It’s frustrating buying a brand new boat and it’s under warranty —BUT— no one wants to fix the problem. 

Please post a few photos. If it is hard water/iron/rust then you will need to use an acid to remove the stains before buffing and waxing. I have tried Mary Kate's On/Off in the solution and gel and the fumes at least with the liquid are horrible. I recently used Goof Off Rustaid Rust Stain Remover Outdoor ($9.50 per gallon at Lowes) and it worked great. I just dumped the gallon into a garden sprayer and sprayed it on the hull. You wait a couple minutes and rinse it off with a hose. That easy. I know Dawn dish soap will remove all of your wax. I assume the rust remover does the same. After using either or both the rust remover or Dawn you will need to reapply your sealant/wax. 

• Thanks 1

Do the lines have any correlation to the water line. Our water ways here in SC contain a lot of tannic acid and canstain in just one outing.

Next question would be if the stains reappear in the same place. If it is an internal deffect I would expect to see pretty much the same  pattern As mentioned pictures would help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeH said:

I recently used Goof Off Rustaid Rust Stain Remover Outdoor ($9.50 per gallon at Lowes) and it worked great. I just dumped the gallon into a garden sprayer and sprayed it on the hull. You wait a couple minutes and rinse it off with a hose.

There ya have it folks, that easy! Just cover the aluminum trailer as it will remove the oxidizing on it.

(I recently used Goof Off Rustaid Rust Stain Remover Outdoor ($9.50 per gallon at Lowes) and it worked great. I just dumped the gallon into a garden sprayer and sprayed it on the hull. You wait a couple minutes and rinse it off with a hose.)

Good idea, I have always used FRS with great results but this would be so much easier.

6 hours ago, MuddyBottomBluz said:

There ya have it folks, that easy! Just cover the aluminum trailer as it will remove the oxidizing on it.

Sorry, meant anodizing on the aluminum trailer.

Rustaid can be wiped on with a sponge to target a specific area rather than spraying, just wear gloves. You will need to re-wax the area when finished.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HoneyB said:

I would have thought hull cleaner but it would be hard to believe the people he spoke with would not know this.

I would think the same thing B that is why I believe it is a stain. Kinda like bringing your car back to the dealer for waterspots after washing it. However I would think the dealer would be able to tell if it was a manufacturing defect, but one would think it would have been there prior to purchase.

Hopefully the OP will update us and clarify.