2020 2200 TRS Livewill Operation

Ive got a 2020 2200 TRS, there is a center aft bait-well with a recirculation pump and a port aft release well. I like to use the center well for bait due to weight distribution, and the port well as a storage compartment for dead bait, chum, trash ect... To keep the port well from filling while on plane I have to keep the ball valve at the pump closed at all times, but when the valve is closed my raw water wash-down does not pickup water. Also when Im on plane the center live well continuously fills even if the pump is off. The the lid design allows the well to fill all the way to keep bait from sloshing and then drain into the splash-well continuously without water getting on the deck. Am I using the well correctly by keeping the well at full with water flowing into the splash well at all times? or should I have a drain stand intalled? and how do I use the wash down without the port well filling while on plain? 

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem with my 2500.  Pathfinder should have installed a ball valve on both sides of the inlet.  So you can shutoff the livewell without turnoff the saltwater wash down.  I’m a little surprised that Pathfinder missed that obvious design flaw.

I'm going to replumb mine with two ball valves when I get the energy to tackle that job.

My current work around is either leave the stand pipe out so water drains all the time or I bought two plugs that go into the two water outlets. (They are different sizes)

• 3 weeks later...

Look at the discharge port on the inside of the live-well. Some are threaded and the threads are visible from inside the live-well. If you can see the threads (usually 3/4") you can buy an adaptor to thread onto the existing threads. The adaptor has a shut-off valve, so you can leave the ball valve open but shut-off the water coming into the live-well.