Off Topic - Hope this is allowed

geeviam

This is totally off topic, and the Mods are welcome to delete this thread if I'm out of line here...

I am usually leery, when approached or asked for donations by Charity Organizations.  That said, I believe that a charitable donation that helps another person get through a helpless situation, is the most fulfilling and rewarding thing we can do in life.  I choose the charity carefully because I am not wealthy, and I need to know that most (if not all) of my contribution actually gets to the intended recipient(s) in need of help.

James Curry is an accomplished fiberglass guy who knows a lot about boat building and repair.  He has helped so many others for free, with his knowledge, in his spare time.  James and his wife Dana are good souls, going through a critical time with a newborn baby (Sadie), in need of life saving surgeries and intensive care.  At the same time, James will be out of work soon, in order to have a brain tumor removed as well.  A GoFundMe page has been setup to share the story and help the Currys here: https://gofund.me/6a5a6737 .  If anyone can help out, or share their story with friends who could, your kindness would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,

Gary

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Gary,

Thank you for sharing and the Go Fund Me link.  I had to use it myself many years ago for the wife as many on this forum knows. What came out of this forum was totally unexpected and the support given was a god send. Really would not have gotten through those times without it and even now. Again, thanks on putting this out there. 👍😀🙏️Fin

• Thanks 1

Gary I like you am not crazy about asking anyone for a donation and being retired on a fixed income I am very cautious when I make a donation . I think it was great that you posted this and I have sent a prayer with my donation. I would like to thank you and this forum for helping this man and his newborn baby .  God bless the Curry family . Joe R 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks guys.  I went through a difficult time years ago.  My wife and I were were doing everything we could to get by.  Out of the blue and unexpectedly, a friend sent us a check.  It wasn't a lot of money, but it certainly helped.  It was the nicest surprise, and something I will never forget.  I get choked up thinking about it.  When you are at that lowest point, anyone who cares is sent from God.

I will let James know there's love and prayers on the way

Thanks again.  God bless

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fin-addict said:

I too did something to help this family and posted on FB. Some friends and family shared my post on their FB page. Will never forget what this Forum did for me. Been paying it forward ever since. No shame in asking for help but was so very hard to do. 🙏.

Fin, Dabear, Big Dave, and all those who have helped, prayed, and shared the story - Thank you so much!!  You've made a huge difference!  God bless you!