Garmin 94sv Transducer placement

classic1900v

• 1 month later...

I had the Reliance 13 3/4 x 19 3 blade (F150 with a 20 inch shaft).. It had almost no trim capability before it would start ventilating, especially in a turn. So I knew with putting a jack plate on, that prop had to go. Top speed was about 47, and I knew to get a 4 blade to use with the jack plate, I would have to give up top speed. But, I wanted to stay in the upper end of the recommended rpm range. I've had boats long enough to know if you want an engine to last, you can't lug it down. I can guarantee you an engine propped to turn 6000 rpms is going to last longer than one that will turn only 5000 rpms. (The recommended range for my F150 is 5000-6000). Good luck with finding a 3 blade prop that will run on the 20 inch shaft motor with a jack plate. Maybe the 2 stroke is different than the 4 stroke.

I dunno....

My iPhone jumped topics. Sorry.

I have the same issue looming. Want to buy the new Chirp 94sv which comes with the GT51m transducer.

It is about 9 inches long. I have heard from two installers that putting it next to the drain plug in the recessed tunnel could be the best spot.

Anyone tried this or have opinions?

Rich,

Thanks for reply. I see no other option, considering cavitation, bubbles, etc on other locations. I have the Ameritrail trailer for the PF 2200, and worried about the bunk whch would be right near the 9 inch transducer. Wsh we could swap pctures of dran plug area and traler bunk.

Wonderng if I need to shortnen the bunk on that side a couple inches.

Archived