Sold- 2002 Maverick Master Angler 18

Ejerome09

2002 Maverick Master Angler 18

2002 Yamaha 150 Vmax (505 hours)

2009 Hi-Tech Marine Aluminum Boat Trailer with torsion axles (newer hub assemblies) 

Accessories:

-8’ Power Pole Blade (pump reservoir just replaced)

-Motorguide X5 80# Trolling Motor (newer remote)

-Humminbird 898c Si

-New custom made cushions (will provide the older factory cushions as well)

-Backrest direct from MBG

-Newer SeaStar Hydraulic helm

-Bimini top

-New trailer winch

-Trailer lights rewired and waterproofed

-New bilge pump and float switch

This boat runs like a top and has been very well maintained. Ethanol free fuel only. Washed and flushed after every trip. The boat has always been covered. Just replaced the lower gear case oil and fuel water separator. Spark plugs were replaced within the last two years. This boat is a tank. If you know anything about the master angler, it handles chop better than any other 18’ flats boat out there. Top speed with the current prop is 49mph (That’s with three guys, full tank of gas, gear and both live wells filled running 8 miles offshore). The brand new cushions and back rest make this boat a dream to take on long runs. I’m sure I will regret selling this down the road but we are moving up to a larger bay boat. 

Safety Harbor, FL

IMG_7083 copy.jpg

IMG_7084 copy.jpg

IMG_7085 copy.jpg

IMG_7086 copy.jpg

1070449716_IMG_7087copy.jpg

IMG_7088 copy.jpg

1799497419_IMG_7089copy.jpg

IMG_7090 copy.jpg

IMG_7091 copy.jpg

IMG_7082 copy.jpg

490552257_IMG_7081copy.jpg

1377554615_IMG_7080copy.jpg

296065194_IMG_7079copy.jpg

315722037_IMG_7078copy.jpg

IMG_7077 copy.jpg

2130080065_IMG_7076copy.jpg

627539559_IMG_7074copy.jpg

• Ejerome09 changed the title to Price Lowered- 2002 Maverick Master Angler 18
57 minutes ago, Bad Fish said:

@Ejerome09 how did you go about getting that backrest?! I really like it and it looks to be angled differently than the Birdsall Marine I’ve seen added to others. 
great looking MA!! If didn’t already have it’s 21 twin, I’d be all over it. 🤘

The actual brackets are from the new redfishers. I had my local pathfinder dealer order the parts and then told a local marine apholstry guy make the backrest and bottom cushion. Are you in the Tampa Bay Area?

• Like 1

Folks, I'm going to put in a shameless plug for this boat.   I don't know the boat, or the owner, so these are general statements - do your own research on this particular boat and motor.   

1)  I've been on this forum a long time - a post 2000 MA doesn't come along very often in this condition, and a 2002 is a relatively "new" version.   The general production of these ended around 2006 or 2008 (I can never get a straight answer on that).  

2)  I know most folks like 4 strokes due to the fuel efficiency, but that Vmax is an awesome motor and is what I have on mine.   At 502 hours, it's surprisingly "young" - again, I have no knowledge of it's actual condition, but in general - it's a great engine, and should have a lot of years ahead of it if it's been taken care of.   The low end power of this engine is unreal.   I'm going to cry the day mine dies, but everything I've read about the OX66 Vmax says it will be a long time before it dies.   

3)  This is one of the single rod locker years.  My first MA had two open gunnels, my current one has the single locker layout.   Having experienced both, I LOVE this set up.  I can keep spare rods safe/dry/ready in the locker, but have easy access to a few under the open gunnel.   

4)  Everything about this boat looks like it's been well cared for.   No rust on the trailer that I can see says a lot.   The trailer configuration is perfect for this hull, and the trailer looks like it's well taken care of.   Even the storage compartments are clean/organized.   

Again, I don't  know the seller or the actual condition of this boat, but all the "tells" in the pics suggest this is an unusual specimen.   Hopefully the OP will post more pics detailing the condition.   

• Like 1

• Ejerome09 changed the title to Sold- 2002 Maverick Master Angler 18