New PT 4-blade Prop

AntonRx

Well, I was told it would be on back order x 4-6 weeks; Look what came in the mail after only 4 days!!

Can't wait to try it out. So sick of the porpoising and cavitation on turns. 

This is a PTR4 R18 (13.5" DIAMETER WITH 18" PITCH)

Thanks to Marcus @ PT for the help as usual!

I'll report back as to my numbers/handling... now, if I can only find the right cotter pin..... 

PROP.jpg

PROP2.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Update. Did some speed runs/sea trials these past 2 weeks. Spinning the motor a little too fast at full load. Just exchanged for the same prop with 19” pitch. Should be the sweet spot. I’ll report back soon. I found that the porpoise is back when I have people flanking me on either side of the console now. Marcus at PT said it’s all about weight distribution and to try getting more weight up front. I’ll try that next run as well.

would a jack plate help or hurt porpoise? Moving the engine aft 6” would create longer/more weight forward?  

I had a 2008 with a jack plate. It was a real challenge propping it. Marcus and I spent about six months fooling around with it. I would not do a jack plate on that boat. It makes the porpoise much worse. Get as much weight forward as you can as well. The more you do the better the boat ran. If you have any batteries in the back move them. What we did is way to long for this post. Shoot me a pm if you want.

Good luck!

I have the 2000v with a F115 and it still wants to porpoise sometimes. I have a 4 blade powetech prop and it did help a lot with the porpoising and it never slips in turns. Great props. Batteries in the console. I just give it a touch of tabs down and it stops the porpoising. Would love to know the top speed with the 140 as I am looking to repower soon. 

On 8/7/2021 at 4:31 PM, hookem20 said:

I have the 2000v with a F115 and it still wants to porpoise sometimes. I have a 4 blade powetech prop and it did help a lot with the porpoising and it never slips in turns. Great props. Batteries in the console. I just give it a touch of tabs down and it stops the porpoising. Would love to know the top speed with the 140 as I am looking to repower soon. 

I’ve got a 140 on my 1900T (tunnel hull). With 2 men, fuel, and cooler full of ice I can eek out 43mph in the right conditions. The 1900T is a much slower hull than the V models. I would imagine you could get in the mid 40s in your 2000V, if not faster with the proper trim.

On 8/7/2021 at 4:31 PM, hookem20 said:

Hello Matt..... good to see you still have the boat. I still miss it...... Rob