Spot Light

fin-addict

Had to lay my spot light to rest after almost 15 years. Looking for a new one. No need to spend lots off $$$$ on one as I do not run at night much anymore. Really only need to spot channel markers as the old eyes are getting older. Want it to be rechargeable and hand held and have the most lumes as possible for brightness and distance. Compact and light as possible. Do not want a grapefruit size head. Suggestions welcomed. 😀👍️Fin

I have a WM super spot, just larger than the size of your hand, 3 modes, 3led light lens, max 700 lumens.  Been a great bag light.  It’s just larger than the size of my medium hands with my index finder extended (length), pistol grip with laser pointer

https://www.westmarine.com/buy/west-marine--led-superspot-rechargeable-searchlight--16320061

Now the bad, it’s discontinued… but I wouldn’t leave you hanging. I am certain this is where that lower end model came from…..

https://www.doctorled.com/p5.htm
the WM version was $79, you can find the dr led star phaser (1,000 lumens) for $99 online with free shipping.  When my WM is done I will upgrade and buy the star phaser., no question.

B32F0A21-4AFC-40B8-B8CA-346CE97DAB3F.thumb.jpeg.8eade9c40080041eafbd07084429efab.jpeg

This probably isn't ideal for you Fin, but I've had mine for 10 years now and I simply do not leave the house without it, whether it be going out to the woods or out on the boat (even day trips because "you never know"). I'm not sure how long the charge lasts on it though. When I bought it I had a standard bulb/head on it and upgraded to the LED head probably 5 years ago. I've left it on all night and it hasn't died on my yet. It's heavy. You can "aim" the beam from horizontal to 90* up. I use is ALL the time around the house and even to light up the house during power outages. As for beam length and brightness? I can see a 1/4 mile down the road my home is on, easily. Further if I had more road, for sure! Out on the boat, I set it on the cooler seat and I can catch a channel marker and the surrounding area pretty easily. Is it heavy? Yep. It is too much light? Nope (but I like to be excessive). Is it overkill? Maybe. Does it do the job? Absolutely! 

I would have never bought it, but like a Yeti cooler, I will never be without one now that I've had one. In short, my brother in-law works for a municipality and....well, a few fell of the truck one day, so all the in-laws have one now and a couple close friends. The battery in mine is at least 11 years old and still going strong. I leave it unplugged unless a storm is approaching or I know I'm going to the woods. Other than that, I put it on the charger about every other month. It's a beast and I highly recommend it. 

STREAMLIGHT - 45871 Streamlight 45851 E-Spot Litebox Lantern Yellow - Lantern Flashlights - Amazon.com

Thanks for all the reviews and feedback. Thinking the Stanley Fatmax is the way to go for the amount of time I use the lady at night. No need is spending $$$$$$. I also carry a small tac pocket light at nite that does a very good job and as a backup and looking in lockers if needed. 😀👍️Fin.

• Like 2

This thread reminded me that I needed one too.  Read some reviews on Amazon and just ordered this one.  Good price.  I have a USB port on the skiff.  USB = rechargeable anywhere!

https://www.amazon.com/YIERBLUE-Rechargeable-Waterproof-Flashlight-Searchlight/dp/B08L4X275V/ref=sr_1_55?crid=1CYM7GGHWJ66J&dchild=1&keywords=lithium%2Bspotlight&qid=1627731908&sprefix=spot%2Blight%2Blithium%2Caps%2C191&sr=8-55&th=1

• Like 2