24trs flip seats

RICH12

On the rear flip seats, when fishing with a guest on back of the boat, sometimes they step on the back of the seats and they flip open because they aren't familiar with the boat. Didnt know if anyone had a solution so they would stay closed/open when wanted? Thank you.

JP

My old boat had those flip-up seats. However they had a flap of upholstery on the seat-back that had snaps and snapped to the bulkhead to keep the seat-back from flipping up until un-snapped. I'll see if I can find a pic.

Not the best pic, but you see the flap of material (Polar). It's attached to the seat-back and snaps to the bulk-head.

condopaintpics002.jpg

condopaintpics004.jpg

You could probably add some sort of closer as stated above... maybe a 3/4" wide nylon strap with snaps might hold it?

Those seats haunt me.... I want a new pathfinder but the first time I walked on a back deck with them at the dealer I knew they were trouble for a hardcore fisherman. I could see the inevitable possibility of someone tripping and falling in the gap when closed and also your example / issue. Add choppy conditions and fighting a fish and there could be big trouble.

They dont open using a finger, but if one steps on the back edge with some weight, they flip up a bit. The seats function properly and they are great for family time. I personally dont have a problem but a few guests have stepped on them "just right". Just didnt know if anyone had engineered any ideas. Thanks.

I've stepped in "the spot" a few times and feel the seat starting to flip up a little. It's a bit disconcerting the first time, but I was a long way from losing my balance because of it. I don't think it's enough of an issue to install straps or something like that which might be a bigger nuisance, but others might disagree.

My friend has fallen a couple of times on his friends 24'. Very dangerous and poorly designed especially when fishing off the stern in choppy waters. That's all he talks about when mentioning the 24. Other then that the boat is nice.

I wish theyd offer a different interior layout (liner) without the seats....would be the bomb!

Archived