Flamingo/ENP August 29

Was blessed to spend the day with my son, Captain T. Bryan Stoots, today.  We launched at the backcountry ramp at first light and ran out to the Gulf and up towards the creeks and rivers to fish the falling tide.  The water was as dirty as I have ever seen it, and what looked like algae to me was prevalent in Whitewater Bay and Oyster Bay.  Water temps were high.  We caught 4 snook and 1 trout and Bryan lost what most likely was a very large Goliath Grouper, but could have been a snook.  Not a great day from a fishing standpoint, but it was wonderful to have him with me on the boat for the day.  

IMG_1369.jpeg

IMG_5292.jpeg

IMG_5289.jpeg

IMG_5291.jpeg

IMG_1374.jpeg

• Like 4

Well done...yep, those water temps are nuts right now...you only get about 4 hours of fishing....Didn't know your son was a guide...no wonder you are always catching feesh :) or are you teaching him (LOL).

Did you have any more pics from your LA trip?  a few more details...where did you stay etc....glad to see you were able to go...looks like things are going to be difficult for our brothers and sisters in the Bayou with this hurricane...I wish them a speedy recovery.

dc

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

Well done...yep, those water temps are nuts right now...you only get about 4 hours of fishing....Didn't know your son was a guide...no wonder you are always catching feesh :) or are you teaching him (LOL).

Did you have any more pics from your LA trip?  a few more details...where did you stay etc....glad to see you were able to go...looks like things are going to be difficult for our brothers and sisters in the Bayou with this hurricane...I wish them a speedy recovery.

dc

He's a civilian mariner--Maine Maritime Academy graduate.  Sailed with the Military Sealift Command for 8-9 years and is now running a tug in Norfolk.  Plans to be a Navy pilot.  Here's a link to a full post on MS Forum about our trip. We had a blast!  I've heard from a couple folks down that way--this storm was no joke. 

Louisiana:  Trip to NOLA, Buras and Houma.  Let the Bon Temps Rouler!

Very Nice Dave, I treasure those days spent with my son and my daughter.  My son is also a CG Captain (100 Ton) He manages a seven boat fleet of civilian 40 footers that do government training. He has a 40'  Luhrs on the south shore of Lake Pontchartrain, was thrilled to hear it survived with a few minor bumps. That area took a pounding. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Big Dave said:

He's a civilian mariner--Maine Maritime Academy graduate.  Sailed with the Military Sealift Command for 8-9 years and is now running a tug in Norfolk.  Plans to be a Navy pilot.  Here's a link to a full post on MS Forum about our trip. We had a blast!  I've heard from a couple folks down that way--this storm was no joke. 

Louisiana:  Trip to NOLA, Buras and Houma.  Let the Bon Temps Rouler!

Great post....it must of been a blast to fish with CA....I watch is videos when I can't sleep at night...he's created his own personal brand and is making a living doing it...kudos to him....

dc

• Like 1