Shark Problem

Donh

I keep hearing how sharks are endangered and disappearing in places… and I know why.

They all came here ! In the center of tuna alley, the Big Bully’s will lay under your boat and eat any big tuna you break your back to reel in.. Mutton’s on the reef are 50% to the Tax-Man. Other SE fisheries are seeing them as well.

Frustrating to feed Them a nice fish.. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sharks and alligators have been a nuisance inshore as well here. Typically, the sharks inshore won't eat anything that you have on the line, but they will move in and all that you will catch is small sharks. There have been lots of sharks weaving in and out of us while we're lounging around in the water's edge at the beach too. The alligators are my biggest problem in some of the areas I fish. They will come out of the marsh or off the bank and attack your cork, live shrimp, mullet, and anything that you've hooked before you can get it back to the boat. It's time to open a longer season for them here. 

Fishing Flamingo a couple weeks ago. Had a tarpon hooked and a shark was chasing it around the boat. Shark decided my trolling motor looked tasty and took a swipe at it. The plastic part above the foot also has teeth marks in it. He definitely got a mouth full. Tarpon was released unharmed, trolling motor, not so much.PXL_20210923_212454294.thumb.jpg.d9fd6d45ec69ee77878cad1018295130.jpg

• Like 1