Dishonest Sellers = More Weekend Projects For Me!

flatwater

Remove the adhesive and have it covered in Line-Ex, that would be the easiest (besides re-installing another keel guard) and best looking repair. Unless you're a really good painter/body man matching a hull color that old would be really hard to pull off and look right. The Line-Ex dudes in Sarasota did the keel on my buddy's Whipray and it came out super nice, and functional too.

A layer of resin thickened with cabosil will fill in the damaged areas, just tape off the keel so you don't sand away to much of the good gel coat when you fair the repairs.

Remove the adhesive and have it covered in Line-Ex, that would be the easiest (besides re-installing another keel guard) and best looking repair. Unless you're a really good painter/body man matching a hull color that old would be really hard to pull off and look right. The Line-Ex dudes in Sarasota did the keel on my buddy's Whipray and it came out super nice, and functional too.

A layer of resin thickened with cabosil will fill in the damaged areas, just tape off the keel so you don't sand away to much of the good gel coat when you fair the repairs.

I like the line-x idea, I will have to get a quote for that.

The color matching point is a good one. Your color is near impossible to match.

Only negative with line x is it is permanent if thats any concern to you. I went the keel guard route in case a buyer wanted to remove it they could. But if that wasnt a concern then line x would have been the route.

All of my piping will be line x'ed on the next boat

Archived