2015 Cobia 237 rolls side to side

ChrisH

I just bought a 2015 Cobia 237 CC with dual Yamaha 115s. My first day off shore yesterday was a little dodgy. There was a slight 1 foot swell. At speeds of about 20 to 25, it ran fine. As soon as I went to 30 or over, the boat would roll uncontrollably to one side. I was messing with Trim tabs  to try correct it but would eventually have to back off the speed as it just got worse or it would roll to the other side. The primary reason for this boat was the deep V and stability in rougher seas but it felt very unstable at low speeds and the rolling made it worse at higher speeds. This can't be normal and i must be doing something wrong. Any pointers?

Are the engines counter-rotating ? Because if they both turn in the same direction the torque can drive the bow down to one side.  There are zinc ‘rudders’ behind the props that help with this torque.  Take a look and make sure they are set correctly.  That 237 is a safe and solid hull.  Something is not set up correctly.. A trip to a good Yamaha mechanic, or a competent outboard rigger would be the next step.  Check the props and see what they are.  Maybe too much stern lift..

MM

• Thanks 1