Don't know who's looking but...

Nag Juice

I agree but there's a lot of folks that love this combo. My theory is if it's rated for 250hp, put 250hp on it. No one ever said they had too much power...

There was one guy on here that said his 18' Pathy was over powered w a F115 :o

I get what your saying and yeah that's not a common complaint. But stuff like why is my boat proposing, why does water come in my scuppers, why does my boat draft so much, and the like are common complaints. And Im talking all manufacturers not Pathfinder, but there's something to be said about the "attitude" of a nicely balanced rig to me.

I've never been on one with an F150 but know this has been beat around a lot over the years and I believe MBC even made a video of the holeshot to address so many concerns over this setup.

Gotta be honest Nag, it's under powered.

I guess the same could be said about a 30' Grady w/ 225's.

Thank you for your positive input.

Bad guess, Not apples to apples.

How many GW Marlin 300's have you ever had the pleasure of boarding & fishing off of?

How many have ever fished off a PF22 more than once?

Use to fish with somebody that had a PF 22 powered w/ a Yammi 250.

Yes it had a T top but it would only see 46 WOT on a good day and that was with a 250.

So yes, IMO, and from experience, the 150 hp OB is way too underpowered for that set up.

Will it get by?

Sure, but who wants a boat that's powered by a TM?

My 22 with the 150 VMAX was fine with 2 but with full wells and a full bag of gas and 3-4 people.....not so much. I get the combo. It's like a full size truck with a V6. I would own one for the right money, but if I had a choice, I'd hang max ponies on it.

Exactly!

It's a bay boat that just about everybody takes off shore & everywhere else now and again.

The sea gets Ugly real quick.

Not to mention the fact of needing the extra HP to get on plane in shallow areas.

I don't care what make or model boat you own,

If it's wet, All inshore angles will end up in or through it and that's when your glad you have the extra HP.

All boats perform best when rigged appropriately.

Gotta be honest Nag, it's under powered.

I guess the same could be said about a 30' Grady w/ 225's.

Thank you for your positive input.

Bad guess, Not apples to apples.

How many GW Marlin 300's have you ever had the pleasure of boarding & fishing off of?

How many have ever fished off a PF22 more than once?

Use to fish with somebody that had a PF 22 powered w/ a Yammi 250.

Yes it had a T top but it would only see 46 WOT on a good day and that was with a 250.

So yes, IMO, and from experience, the 150 hp OB is way too underpowered for that set up.

Will it get by?

Sure, but who wants a boat that's powered by a TM?

[color:green]Thank you for your positive input.[/color]

You’re welcome. Let’s restate yours: “it's under poweredâ€, “base line entryâ€, “it's a dogâ€, “needs 200PH at a minimumâ€, “If a T top it added, it better have a 250.â€, “Sure, but who wants a boat that's powered by a TM?â€.

[color:green]Bad guess, Not apples to apples.[/color]

Different boats for sure but both have their builders offerings 22 Pathy 150, 200, & 250HP. 02 GW Marlin 225, 250, 300HP. I might add that the current Marlins lowest offering is a 250. Hence the reason for my statement.

[color:green]How many GW Marlin 300's have you ever had the pleasure of boarding & fishing off of?[/color]

Several and w/ all power options. I live in the middle of GW “countryâ€. Did college field placement at GW. Later in life was employed by them for some 11+ yrs. (I was there when your hull came out of the plant.) Ben on just about every model/set up they have offered over the past 30 some yrs. GW makes good boats and like MBC are great sponsors of the CCA.

[color:green]How many have ever fished off a PF22 more than once?[/color]

Not sure of the question/point here but I own one and fish it often.

[color:green]Use to fish with somebody that had a PF 22 powered w/ a Yammi 250.

Yes it had a T top but it would only see 46 WOT on a good day and that was with a 250.[/color]

My 22 PF w/F150 (T-top, PP, TM, batteries, full tank) has seen 48 WOT several times and I have never not been able to get a least 46 when I wanted it. Heck, my problem is that my mechanic tells me I need to run it in the upper RPM’s more than I do. My local fishing conditions make that a little tough.

[color:green]So yes, IMO, and from experience, the 150 hp OB is way too underpowered for that set up[/color].

We all know the saying about opinions so I have offered mine. (w/ experience as well)

[color:green]Will it get by?[/color]

Yes most definitely.

[color:green]Sure, but who wants a boat that's powered by a TM?[/color]

Lots of places on this earth where OB’s are not allowed.

That being said, the subject boat will be a fine fit for the right person. Like another here has said, the single axle trailer would be of concern if doing much trailering, but if only needed as a “yard trailer†would be just fine. It’s is a used setup someone has for sale no need to talk it down.

One size does not fit all.

C'mon you guys !! Stop with the personal jabs !

It's a matter of preference on the motors, and how far you fish or travel with your boat. That combo is more affordable and efficient. Many of us prefer the max HP rating, and other people buy a boat for their kids to buzz around in.

Gas is cheap right now, but at 4-5 bucks a gallon at marinas, it makes better sense.

Opinions are good for those seeking advice. Just be careful not to be harsh.

it's under powered.

Agree, I had a VMAX 200 on mine and it was perfect.

What was your top end?

A 22' PF needs 200PH at a minimum.

If a T top it added, it better have a 250.

Rushing back to the ramp in fear of being late for a tournament weigh in I hit 60mph once. Seas were gl***, I was light on fuel, and there was the hint of a tail wind :D

I did have a T-Top on mine at the time.

I've only owned one 2200, and to me it was perfect with the 200 VMAX. Plenty of arse, great hole shot, true 11" draft, and no scupper hole water intrusion.

my 2200v with 150 vmax will do 43mph with t-top/stand thru tower w/controls and bottom paint.

brothers 2200v w/200 vmax hits 52mph w/full tower no controls and bottom paint

both running with 4 batteries and tm's, avg. load and 2 persons.

just an FYI. feel both setup are great.

Archived