Cold Front Mayhem - A Visitor From Lousiana Graced Our Presence

So............

COTO and Capt Don H called me the night before to cancel a trip on Thursday.......their loss, Monkey Mike's gain.

MM- he was in from the first text - "Heck Yeah.....let's do it"

A 4 foot incoming tide and we were off to the races...

An Epic bite !!! Mayhem from 0930 to 1100....now, I'm not a Big Dave solar / lunar watcher....but, I fish by what looks "right" :)  Well it was right !!!

We anchored up at a spot that I thought would go on fire.......it did !!!

We hit 50 snook....ok, I'm not fibbing....it was every cast for about 30 minutes....snook after snook, paddle tails, popp'n corks, and then the infamous lady fish heads....

about 3/4 through the tide...MM - of course using my chunk rod on the stern......of course using the lady fish he caught....the rod bends over....huge swirl....MM just brought in one of about 15 25" snook and it was stuck in the net.....and now, we have a snook on the deck, rod bent, huge swirl and mayhem broke out.....36 " red to the boat..

it was EPIC !!!

AFTER THE BITE AT SPOT ONE TURNED OFF.....we went to the double secrete spot and landed 3 more reds.......let the chunking reign :)

here are a few pics.....enjoy.....

Mike with the big red.....a visitor from Lousiana....the biggest I have ever seen in Chokoloskee....

bigred.thumb.jpg.bd6d1096296868b718fc4a581473e237.jpg

1678078761_headshot.thumb.jpg.5cab24372a43dac6ba842395c58e3f5f.jpg

HERE WE HAD TOTAL MAYHEM....RODS EVERYWHERE....HIGH 5'S....WHAT A DAY...MIKE GOT SO EXCITED HE THREW THE NET ON ME WE HAD SO MANY FISH GOING OFF :) 

mayhem.thumb.jpg.b64848950a9a7f26573730f086e7db43.jpg

we found a nice snooker on the head chunk !!!!

597745477_ladymouth.thumb.jpg.04464f3ea201d843f0ce48b81d0d4c03.jpg

2048002221_snooklady.thumb.jpg.850ee5a796f61c3c9a436bd28b186ecc.jpg

Yours truly found a few reds and a bunch of snook....but, Mike was DA MAN !!!

red.thumb.jpg.c4287464b2ebc9cdfecb94309928c368.jpg

ONE GOOD MARINE CAME ABOARD......AND WE ENDED THE DAY :)

320943620_marinehat.thumb.jpg.72a05fc9804a75fc5ee85bdaf1c63d5a.jpg

UNTIL THE NEXT TME :)

DC

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Big Dave said:

I'll bet the best bite was from noon to 2:00.

0930 TO 1100 and then it shut down :)

The tide came in too fast and hard....it was up over the mangroves by 1130 and everybody was hiding (LOL).....

In the double secret spot....we did find some reds who were still cruising the last of the incoming on a few short beach areas that were leading to some creeks.....

DA CHUNKING WAS THE KEY :)

Looking forward to a day with you in the skinny mini so we can pound shorelines in the back this winter 

DC

22 hours ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

0930 TO 1100 and then it shut down :)

The tide came in too fast and hard....it was up over the mangroves by 1130 and everybody was hiding (LOL).....

In the double secret spot....we did find some reds who were still cruising the last of the incoming on a few short beach areas that were leading to some creeks.....

DA CHUNKING WAS THE KEY :)

Looking forward to a day with you in the skinny mini so we can pound shorelines in the back this winter 

DC

The fish were on daylight savings time early! :)  

Let's go!!

Awesome trip Dino. To be clear all the big girls were caught on chunks but during the 90 minute frenzy my arti's stood fish for fish with Dinos popping cork or chunks.  It was truly the most epic bite ever.

We could have head to the ramp at 12 cause the bite simply shut down.  I've never seen so many 24 to 26 inch snook that came to play.  Truthfully 50 snook was conservative.  A 26 inch snook stuck in the net and 2 large reds on the chunk rods was special. 

Lack of boats, great friends and easy bite made for a magical Thursday in the park. 

20211104_072434.jpg