When You Can't Catch FEEESSSH - Eat the bait ;)

Gotta love the big ol winter shrimp....had some monsters and decided to keep them and eat them vs using them for feeeessssh....

cooked them spanish style....olive oil, in the non - stick pan, garlic, extra virgin olive oil....sear then in the oven at 450 degrees for about 8 minutes.....

shrimp.thumb.jpg.df9e600b8c4d9c5f1cc8a3e79466c6f7.jpg

easy to go to the oven....

shrmp2.thumb.jpg.4a75717adf793934ce4c127c233e9ba7.jpg

Well.....ok, enough fun....now back to reality.....I got the above at Costco over the weekend......

Mike and decided to do the Port of the islands and fish a new area.......WRONG !!! .....DID I SAY WRONG ???

'We thought, hey, let's do something different ???

So, we thought Port of the Islands just West off Chokoloskee....

Well, a 20 mph N wind, combined with a negative low....and can you say.......clean keg ???

We tried to get up into some the back country and it was a complete disaster....the wind just kept blowing....we made it up to Pumpkin  Bay....can you say NO WATER THREE TIMES ???

Anyways, we explored around, hand a nice lunch - thank you Mike - great cuban sandwich and empanadas....but, literally 3 snook after 7 hours of casting.....

Until the next time.....well, not in Port of the islands again for a while :)

Gotta love the "epic" days :)

dc

• Like 1

"Mike and I" Wait what? Who? Not sure I had anything to do with that decision. Thankfully the advice at the dock probably saved us from a high and dry wait.

Still, in my book it was absolutely amazing.  Loved the day. Thanks Dino. Best I've seen you working the arties especially on a tough day.  Well done!

Tight lines

21 hours ago, Intheslot12 said:

"Mike and I" Wait what? Who? Not sure I had anything to do with that decision

Yep, when you get the Marquessa, you get to decide....and fish or no fish will be on you (LOL)......and all I have to do is bring the egg salad sandwiches :)   I should have listened to you and gone to Flamingo.....

It was an experience....awaiting for COTO to find some spots near Marco so we don't have to drive so far :)

DC