2015 2200 TRS Bimini Options

• 3 weeks later...

I had a Bimini custom made to suite my needs. I wanted it slightly taller than the average Bimini, so I didn't have to bend down to look out the sides when standing and slightly longer to completely cover the front and rear seats. Also, the mounting system is very important. Accon has these really neat quick release mounts that are very small and low profile. I had four sets of the quick release mounts on my boat. The rear set was only used when storing the top on the rear deck. They allowed the top to lay down behind the hatch lids on the rear deck. 

I gave up the Bimini for a Shade Blade top. You can Google Shade Blade the see what they offer. Mine is 7 ft. wide and 9 ft. long. It is a lot easier to fish around then a Bimini and the rear straps can be removed when fishing. I leave it on the boat from about April to Oct when it's hot, then remove it and store it away during the winter. Basically, it's a glorified umbrella that is good to 50 or 55 mph. It folds down like an umbrella and stores in a bag. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/19/2021 at 4:48 PM, SCFD rtrd. said:

I had a Bimini custom made to suite my needs. I wanted it slightly taller than the average Bimini, so I didn't have to bend down to look out the sides when standing and slightly longer to completely cover the front and rear seats. Also, the mounting system is very important. Accon has these really neat quick release mounts that are very small and low profile. I had four sets of the quick release mounts on my boat. The rear set was only used when storing the top on the rear deck. They allowed the top to lay down behind the hatch lids on the rear deck. 

I gave up the Bimini for a Shade Blade top. You can Google Shade Blade the see what they offer. Mine is 7 ft. wide and 9 ft. long. It is a lot easier to fish around then a Bimini and the rear straps can be removed when fishing. I leave it on the boat from about April to Oct when it's hot, then remove it and store it away during the winter. Basically, it's a glorified umbrella that is good to 50 or 55 mph. It folds down like an umbrella and stores in a bag. 

Thanks!

I think they have discontinued the shade blade. Do you have any photos of the Bimini?

Sorry, no pics of the Bimini. Basically, you couldn't tell the difference between my Bimini top and a standard Bimini just by looking. Like I said, it was about 4" taller and about 12" longer than the standard. Also, I would go with aluminum frame as opposed to stainless steel. The aluminum is so much lighter and makes it much easier to deploy, stow and move the Bimini around the boat.