9 to 12 inch GPS Layout Question

RockDaddy

I am way overdue for a new chart plotter/sounder.  I've owned by boat for almost 19 years (2003 2200V).  Currently I have a Garmin GPSmap 545 that I bought from Hobo maybe 15 years ago.

The other bracket is from the original Furuno unit that unfortunately never worked well.

I plan on replacing the GPS and VHF radio.  I would like a 9 inch unit and was looking at the Lowarance HDS 9 Live, but I am not sure it will fit given the placement of the running light.  The areas on either side of the running light are roughly 10 x 8.  Have any of you found 9 - 12 inch units that will fit on the older consoles?  Any suggestions would be appreciated. I was looking at non-Garmin units because I haven't had the greatest experience with them and some of their other products, but would consider one if it would get me a bigger screen.

IMG_0071.thumb.jpeg.6fe6558f8c63177ef2e02dcd327de7f2.jpeg

Didnt need it per se.... but its a point 1 which has heading sensor that is super useful as it allows the gps to display your boats orientation exactly how it is in real time.  More simply if you are in strong current drifting sideways... a normal gps ant will show your bow pointed in the direction of travel... with the heading sensor it shows the boat drifting sideways.  

Yes I did that box install.... got it from boat outfitters you can order custom sizes

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...