2022 2300 HPS Prop?

Berry79

Just got my new  2022 Pathfinder 2300 HPS with the 250 SHO about a month ago. She’s all broke in but, not liking the prop the dealer installed. Boat has a T-Top and was looking at the performance sheet from pathfinder and there 23P 4 blade recommendation. The bulletin I saw was from 2016. Is this still the recommended prop? I currently have a PowerTech 19P 4 blade and the motor has to trimmed down and jack plate down to run the best MPH to RPM ratio. The problem is, it’s hard to turn left while running like this. If I trim up to get the steering easier, the rpm’s go up and mph goes down. Same goes with the jack plate. Start to raise the jack plate and rpm’s go up and mph goes down. Yes everything is good with the steering. Turns fine at slower speeds and if trimmed up. Just loose a lot of mph when doing so. Don’t want to go through a bunch of props as that gets expensive, lol. Just trying to make sure it’s still the recommended prop before pulling the trigger. 
thanks for any feedback 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Berry,  I can tell beyond the shadow of a doubt that the prop is causing your steering issues. I can't remember the model of the Power Tech my dealer put on mine, but it's horrible on the HPS, but seems to work okay on the TRS (non-step) hulls. I can tell you that the 23p HS/4 Yamaha prop on the old performance bulletin is way too stiff for you to turn. Are you running a canvas top or hard top for the t-top? If you want to run a Yamaha HS/4, look for one in 21p. The Yamaha wheel is a little more robust than the Merc. I am going to mention below, but both are excellent choices! I know Yamaha has that nice hub system a lot of people seem to like. If you're willing to run a Mercury prop, look for a Bravo FS in 22p or 23p. It really depends on how heavy you run and how honest you're going to be about you're needs and what's acceptable performance wise for you. Light, the 22p may be too light and tickle the rev limiter, but the boat will be quick as heck and run over 60 mph. If you can deal with a tick slower take off, the 23p will do you right, too. The problem with the Merc. wheels in this series is that the odd numbers are hand worked from even number castings. They can be pretty inconsistent from blade to blade. Nothing a good prop shop can't fix, but some people don't like to tweak the last little drop of performance out of their boat. As for a hub in the Merc., I recomend a Solas Rubex hub. It's rubber coated bronze or brass and is a smooth and forgiving hub. I've been running the same one for 4 years now and I have no vibration or chatter. 

Show us some pictures of your new rig, we'd all love to see it! 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...