Expedition EL reviews?

rckeat

Well my 16 year old Suburban is getting pretty ratty and I am considering replacing it. I don't believe in buying new cars so started looking into the used Suburban market but was shocked by the prices I saw. The Expedition ELs look to be a little more affordable.

Any Expedition EL owners out there that can discuss their experience with it? And if you happen to have the Ecoboost V6, any concerns with the long term durability of this motor?

Thanks in advance for all comments.

I think 2015 was the first year of the ecoboost. The ecoboost engines are fun to drive. But I don't think there is much Eco about it. I had a 2011 EL 4wd with the 5.4. It was a great vehicle. Decent power and reasonable mpg for a big truck. I think I got 16 mpg around town and 19ish on the highway. I usually drive 77-79 on highway

We are on our second EL, bought both used. Started looking at the EL basically for the same reason, as they were a little cheaper than the suburban, but found many things we liked more than the Suburban. Current one is a 13, with the 5.4 v8. Its very well powered and tows my 2400 pretty well. The 2 things my wife loves about it, that were not available with the suburban was the touchpad entry that Ford has, and the true fold flat seats. The third rows folds flat with a button and if you ever need it, the second row folds down flush so that you have everything behind the drivers seat for cargo. We have the full seats on the 2nd row and she really wanted captains, which are hard to find on the Expedition. But it was really easy to take the middle of the 2nd row out and i just got weathertech liners, looks almost like a factory job.

Thanks for the reply. I am going to look at a '13 King Ranch tomorrow with reasonable miles. I'm sure I will like it.

I have a 2011 F150 with EB...so far, 38K miles no problems....

I like the EB mid range acceleration..be sure you get the limited slip rear axel and transmission cooler for pulling your boat...

dc

Archived