2-5-22 flamingo

It was a hard day for sure, not much to show but a nice tan and a tired body.  We did explore a ton this trip and a day out on the water is better than a day at home.  

The ramp was slow for a change. Seriously, not many boats at all.  I had a plan though.   You see, I put a post up eveywhere and said Dino was fishing 10k islands and to go there instead. Lol. It worked! 

We put in on the outside for the first time and headed towards the lake. Water temp was 66-76 through out the day.  The tides sucked everywhere I wanted to go basically.  After getting stuck 2-4 times, we hightailed it out of lake Ingram and headed to the beach.  Wow was it pretty!  We then ran the crab pods and only came across 2 triple tail.  From there we went north and through shark stopping at various points along the way.  Ended the day pulling out on the inside ramp and put a check mark in the loop box.  Lol. 3 snapper and a small Tripletail was all I caught but it sure was nice.

8BC3A87E-9B6B-49E4-B98B-00299739DC19.jpeg

D5829554-8D75-4A89-AB47-77EA00E87DDD.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, SeaSerpent123 said:

ou see, I put a post up eveywhere and said Dino was fishing 10k islands and to go there instead. Lol. It worked! 

For sure they were all there :)

Water at the mouth of the shark looked really nice....but, like what we saw, no bait or birds crashing...

Yes, better to have a day on the water vs. the Honeydews at home :)

dc

1 hour ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

For sure they were all there :)

Water at the mouth of the shark looked really nice....but, like what we saw, no bait or birds crashing...

Yes, better to have a day on the water vs. the Honeydews at home :)

dc

No sharks either!  Just a bad tide day as the tide was real late.  It's ok, had a great time.

Great Report !!! 

Back in the old days, seriously like mid and late 80's we "always" put in on the outside and made the loop. 

First stop, Middle Ground  small flat south side  ( Trout )

Second stop, Marker 5 flats  North side of Middle Ground ( Trout )

Third Stop, East Cape canal, I am pretty sure that is where ya'll got those Drum.... Could be wrong....

Fourth, Run through Lake Ingram, I only fish the Lake on very low tides in the channel, do not have the right boat for anything else.

Fourth stop is Middle Cape Canal around the mouth. Snook, Reds and everything else.

Fifth stop Was the flats off the beach between Middle Cape Canal and Northwest Cape in 5 to 6 feet of water drifting, the depth was the key.  ( Trout )

Then break Bread. Bagels and cream cheese.

By this time we were sick of catching trout and Jacks and Lady fish and catfish etc....

Then on around the corner to Big Sable. Trout, Snook, Reds and all kinds of "trash fish"

We would spend the last half of the day exploring WWBay and then come in then back.

We called that the Loop.

We had a 17' McKee Craft with a 125 Force, transom mount trolling motor and NO electronics. 

Half the fun was wondering if we were going to make it back.

Some how always did. 

We would spend all our fun money doing that every Saturday at least three times a month. 

It took us years to wear that boat out.  

Hope you enjoyed the read, If not I apologize for rambling.

I  fish The Park very different These days !!!!!

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, Wanaflatsfish said:

nice memories....I see you left the wife on shore :) did you pick her up afterwards or just keep running (LOL)..???

dc

I left her.  I have park rangers bring her water, lunch meat and bread.  When I go fishing, I stop so she can make a sandwich.  lmao

She was actually a little nervous being there since we had just seen a croc on a platform before this one.  lol  

10 minutes ago, THE OUTLAW said:

WOT is the best way , to get thru .

You will na e no problem even at low tide , if you stay in the channel .

I've been thru many times at all different tides with no issues, except once... I came around the first bend to find a bay boat idling and sight seeing at low tide.  I cursed like a sailor!!  Once you come off plane in there at low tide you nearly have to idle the whole thing (in a bay boat) and there wasn't enough room for me to go around him on plane (safely).  I was pissed! 

2 hours ago, rubble said:

My co-pilot wanted to run thru the Lake but I didn't think it would be a good idea in a 2000v that was fully loaded.  Even if we stayed in the main marked channel and using FMT, is it possible to get thru the lake?  Can you run it on plane?  At Low Tide?

I run my 2200 through the lake often, on low tide. Just stay in the channel. 

4 hours ago, rubble said:

My co-pilot wanted to run thru the Lake but I didn't think it would be a good idea in a 2000v that was fully loaded.  Even if we stayed in the main marked channel and using FMT, is it possible to get thru the lake?  Can you run it on plane?  At Low Tide?

yes, I've done it several times in the last few years in my MA17 which draws about like at PF22....define low tide ???

that is the key question....if you enter the lake and you see a mud playing field and monster gators all over them, with about 8-12" of mud wall...you better not slow down as mentioned above....the problem with the lake is there is NO VISUAL CLUES ON WATER DEPTH as it's always dark brown.....

Unless there is a really important reason to NOT run the outside on a low...like a 15-20 mph east wind on a low tide...I would say the outside will be a bit longer, but, safer in terms of spending a few hours beached if you "MISS"....

IF THE BANKS ARE UNDERWATER ON THE LOW...NO ISSUES....

dc

1 hour ago, jh141 said:

That's a Great question, I have not run through the lake in about six months, and after Hurricane Irma most of the markers to the west were gone, Last time I ran it they were still gone and I used FMT to help stay in the channel.

It really is just blind faith with that darn FMT.....I"ve done the same and I'm always saying...."hope dis Su^$ker is dead on :)

dc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SeaSerpent123 said:

Been thought the lake 2 times now.  Once with a 27 foot pathfinder on a spring low tide and now once with my boat.  Stay in the channel and don't come off plane.  I have no idea how it was marked before but there are markers all the way across the lake.  

Good info, They have replaced them, That National Park Funding that our Former President enacted is being used wisely. 

• Like 3

• Moderator changed the title to 2-5-22 flamingo