Deck Restoration

Carolinadrifter

I’m thinking about having the topside of my 2003 18 Master angler restored. Non skid is getting slick in a few places and I have quite a few spider cracks along the rub rail from the previous owner.I have 2 speaker holes on the rear bulkhead I would like to glass over.  For those that have done this before, how much should I expect to spend on a job like this? Starting to stash some extra cash and possibly looking to get this done next winter. With the price of these new skiffs and bay boats I figure I’m just going to slowly restore my current boat. I re powered in 2019 with a Yamaha F150.  

C32C267F-6B4D-4120-B31D-D84FAB22FA37.jpeg

C28A2BAD-7F7A-4F65-A6F6-15CF950372DD.jpeg

21114C70-3866-47A8-9BE4-54828979B6AB.jpeg

I would say to completely reshoot the gelcoat..you are looking at $4-5K for 100% professional job.

To do it correctly you'll have to remove the hatches and have them sprayed separately when they are shooting it.

There is a lot of prep work, taping off and sanding / cleaning with solvents etc. this is where the "money" is spent.

dc

2 hours ago, Carolinadrifter said:

Yea I’ve heard anywhere from 1800-5k depending on what all is involved. Just curious if anyone on here has done it already on a master angler. I’ll probably reach out to some shops this summer to get a real estimate. 

Where are you located?   Richard @ Fiberglass by design in FLL does amazing work.

dc