Yeti Size

rubble

I have a gift cert for an online company that really only has one thing I'd be interested in purchasing from them: Another YETI.

I already have a 60 (Old Fibergl*** Version in front of CC) and a 75 Tundra (under the Capt's Seat). I'd like to get a smaller cooler for lighter duty items such as trip to grocery, travel ball games, grill out at friends, etc. I have a small 13qt Engel Cooler/Dry Storage unit that works great for lunch box type needs or if just need to take a 6 pack of water : ).

Which would be my best option 20 Roadie, 35 Tundra or 45 Tundra?

I have a couple of the Polar Bear bag coolers and they are just okay. They definitely leak when turned over. Was looking more at the hard sided versions but if the Hopper is as good as suggested, I may have to consider it. Would be very convenient to have a packable cooler than can throw behind the seat in a bulkhead etc.

Friend has a hopper 30,and a roadie 20 as well as larger yetis, I have a tundra 30, the hopper does not do near as well at keeping ice as the coolers regardless of size in hot climates.If all you want is to keep food cool coming from the store or transporting to a refrigerator the hopper would be fine but if you are out in the sun all day or need multi day function get the cooler.

the Yeti 105 is one of the best coolers for the front of the Pathfinder console.....add a cushion and you have a very comfortable seat...I like the double trays that fit into it for holding sandwiches..everything else fits below...one 10 lb bag of ice will keep it cold all day fishing...

It sits high enough to allow you to sit comfortably and will hold ice for days....I gave my 105 to my fishing partners 4 years ago when I sold the Pathy....they hold stone crabs and fresh feeeeessshh for 4-5 days.....just add a bucket full every day and it holds forever...

DC

I would do the 35 over the roadie. I got a roadie for the wife a while back and it just isn't' really that big for the weight. Full, its really too heavy to easily carry with one hand, and if you have to use both hands or aren't carrying it, I'd rather have the extra size. I really only use it anymore for keeping drinks in the back of my Polaris Ranger when i'm just working around the house/property, which is really overkill but cold beverages are always cold and easily accessible.

Sure are. And I have access to a few other brands in addition to the Yeti at dealer cost thru a relative. He started carrying Yeti after I told him anout mine. Then I recommended Polar Bear and then Engel. He has them all now. But like you, this is a gift card deal and the only thing I'm interested in is the cooler and they only carry Yeti. Plus there is a $20.00 coupon with the card which would put the Yeti in the ballpark with the nearest matches in quality. Yeti 35- $300 + $20 coupon.

Engel 35 - $270. This will make Yeti #3 for me. No regrets with any of the previous purchases.

• 1 month later...

UPDATE:

I ended up getting the Yeti Hopper 30. It was a freebie so I went with the Hopper because I was playing with house money. Don't know if I would have gambled on the Hopper with my own cash. Would have preferred a hard cooler for my expenditure and would likely have purchased Engel.

Anyway, this Saturday we had a baseball tourney all day. Put 3 gatorades and three waters in for the kid along with a pre-packaged ice pack he uses for his shoulder and elbow after pitching. We use the Arctic Ice frozen packs to keep them cold. Packed everything at at 8am and by 6 pm the Arm/Shoulder packs were still frozen and by 9pm two of the water bottles were slush. Granted the outside temps were only in the 70s but that was pretty impressive.

So far, I really like the Hopper 30. Not really too small or big. Could be really heavy with lots of bottles or cans though.

Archived