IsThere Any Better Service Than Power-Pole ???

Wanaflatsfish

So,

I've finished by second install on the skinny mini of my power pole.

I notice my one PP is down, the other up.....It thought maybe I hit one PP button now that I have dual system....so,

Hmmm

I turn on the power, open my hatch to see what's going on...hit the button and GUSH !!! Hydraulic fluid shooting into the air like I just hit an arterial vein !!!

I realized that I must have not tightened it correctly - a common occurrence from what i realized....

I've installed 3 PP's on my and friends boats..this was my first screw up :(

Panic sets in as i'm heading to Choko in 12 hours with Capt DonH to terrorize the reds.....well...we hope.

Hit the button to stop the bleeding and I notice its' 430pm....

I call Power-Pole and tech Alex answer's the phone...

I knew, but, re-confirmed I should not re-install...and ask him what size compression so I can run over to a speciality store to pick one up....

He says, 5/16"....I thank him....before he hangs up, he said, by the way, there are two extras in the plastic bag with all the warranty work...

I go back to the garage and check, and low and behold, there are two fittings...

I clean up the mess and I had an extra bottle of fluid I had bought at BPS and in 5 min, I'm done...

UN-BELIEVEABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE AGAIN - We arrive back from Choko and what's at the front door - a package with a few extra-compression fitting......without asking, he send them over FEDEX so I'd have them ready for the next day in case I could not find the one's i had in my garage....I told him we were trying to fish this weekend....

ALEX AND THE WHOLE PP TEAM....A BIG THANKS !!!

I have never been treated like this from any company in the Marine Industry...you guys are the gold standard.

One SUGGESTION - in the bag where you place the fittings, I suggest you place them on a piece of cardboard taped with a something to clearly identify them...i'm sure i missed the first one's or I would have realized...again. who reads instructions :)

Saludos...

And that's why this is my 4th PP on my skiff's and Pathfinder !!!

DC

Had one of my poles drop to the ground yesterday when towing the boat. The damage could have been far worse but it definitely shortened the stake. This was due to the same issue you had with a line blowing off the pump even though I've been using them for 4 months. Anyway, I got it all buttoned up last night with a new br*** ferrule and an extra bottle of fluid I had. I called first thing this morning willing to pay for a new stake but with no charge or question he said he would put a new stake, ferrule, and bottle of fluid in the mail right away. Certainly the best customer service out there and I'll be a customer for life.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived