North central Indian River

johnd

Mostly been chasing Pompano around Port Canaveral - and reading LOTs of recent reports about big schools of big Black Drum in the Indian River.   On Friday a buddy invited me on his old ActionCraft 1820.  Plan was to practice with his side scan in deep water and find the schools.  No boats around (that should have been a clue), we searched without success.  The sun was shinning, little breeze so change of plans and said lets run the shoreline looking for sunning Trout or Red.   Found some reasonably clean skinny water and using tm (since he forgot the pole and what the heck we are both getting kinda old to be on the platform) cruising along spotted small schools of Black Drum. One fish, 3 fish, 6 fish.  Most fun was a landing a 32" Black on ultra light 4lb tackle!   Been a many winters since been able to sight fish.  

Well got me to thinking, because so much fun need to do this again - just not sure the Pathy can float this skinny - I know the old Lappy would.  Really liking the 'new to me' Pathy, but days like this remind me why I loved the Lappy.  

• Like 1

Thanks for the Report!

If the trolling motor was deep enough in the water to quietly move the ActionCraft along the shore then I would think your Pathy will have no problem doing the same.

I user my trolling motor on my 2200 Pathy to shore fish a lot and if it is deep enough to use the TM it is deep enough to float, if that makes sense..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

JH:  yeah makes sense.  between projects and the darn wind, haven't gotten back up there.  Did however sneak out Tuesday tossing Goofy Jigs looking for (this year illusive) Pomps   Found 1 keeper plus and between us 6 Flounder (5 released).. plus bent the rods on Ladyfish, Blues and Jacks.  

• Like 1