2022 Islamorada Owners Tournament (NOT AT BREEZY PALMS)

That's B.S. i just confirmed my reservations last week and had old rates and no slip charge I'm calling today. Unfortunately anyplace you stay unless MBG can lock it down someplace in the future and get us a deal for the tournament you will be paying for higher rooms and slippage.

visited the Breezy today to confirm my reservation and heres the scoop!

the manager was not available, so i spoke  with the desk clerk at site who said that this is what he was told by Claudio (the manager) just yesterday. 

Maverick decided last year to no longer have the O/T at this facility. since there is no longer a partnership between Breezy and MBG the pricing structure and perks we have enjoyed in the past are no longer offered to us.

the new pricing structure will reflect a weekday rate and a weekend rate for the rooms. there is a small discount for returning guests. a $25 per day fee for the boat slip and an additional service fee for each day of your stay (for the duration of my planned stay it comes out to $16 per day).

for those who attended last year and made advanced reservations for this year, Breezy is in the process of updating the rates and notifying the guests. it was suggested to me that in order to make sure you are not caught by surprise with the changes, it is best to give them a call and verify your reservation.

yes there is a minimum one night stay payment upfront to make your reservation.

the guarantee policy on my reservation confirmation print out does say "full payment must be processed 14 days prior to arrival. room number can only be guaranteed with full payment".  the clerk said not to worry about this policy if you have made a reservation with a deposit BUT all i can say is the policy is in writing on the confirmation document i have from them so how i see it, they can enforce it if they wish.

hope this helps clear some of the confusion.

Hello everyone,

I wanted to provide an update but first I want to address your comment @Inspctrgadget, as what you said is not true. We canceled the event LAST YEAR due to COVID. We never said anything about moving the event to a different location than the Breezy to the Breezy's manager/staff. In fact many of us, including myself, still went and fished down there last year during the event time period and told management we would talk more soon and that we had no plans to change anything at that point. Long story short, we are not pleased with how the Breezy handled things and will not be doing business with them again. Moving on!

This years captains meeting and awards dinner will be held right across the street at the Safe Harbor Angler House Marina! It will be a great venue and easy for people to get to. Stay tuned for the event signup and more info. 

Thanks,
Kent

On 4/15/2022 at 11:35 AM, Kkrebeck said:

Hello everyone,

I wanted to provide an update but first I want to address your comment @Inspctrgadget, as what you said is not true. We canceled the event LAST YEAR due to COVID. We never said anything about moving the event to a different location than the Breezy to the Breezy's manager/staff. In fact many of us, including myself, still went and fished down there last year during the event time period and told management we would talk more soon and that we had no plans to change anything at that point. Long story short, we are not pleased with how the Breezy handled things and will not be doing business with them again. Moving on!

This years captains meeting and awards dinner will be held right across the street at the Safe Harbor Angler House Marina! It will be a great venue and easy for people to get to. Stay tuned for the event signup and more info. 

Thanks,
Kent

I just re-read my reply and I wanted to mention that I should have said what the BREEZY said was not true as @inspctrgadget was just repeating what he heard. I know he was just trying to help the group by providing information. Thanks everyone, look forward to seeing you in September. Stay tuned for more details and signup instructions. 

Repost from social:

We are excited to announce that we will be hosting this years captain's meeting and awards dinner @safeharboranglerhouse ! Save the date and stay tuned for more info and a signup link. The event will be on 9/22-25th this year and you may stay anywhere that you would like in the Islamorada area!
#mbgboats #mbgownerstournament 

Screen Shot 2022-04-19 at 9.14.34 AM.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, masterfisher said:

i like faroblanco in marathon. its a great place to drink and get semi drunk before you return to your wife and kids. can anyone PM me with booking info? I want to bring the bayfisher and show it off to y'all!!

Masterfisher, if you scroll up a bit you can see that we are now hosting it at the Angler House in Islamorada. You may stay anywhere that you like in the surrounding area. Event link to come very soon! 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

For the folks staying at Breezy..

Make sure you check your reservation and your boat slip reservation. They have added a boat rental service at the marina and they use the first five slips on the ocean docks and the first three slips on the hotel side. 
Let them know if you need the wider slips, as some are too skinny for 8’6” and if you have a boat over 22’ and need the ocean side slips. 
They have had some problems with the reservation computer and the fewer slips to go around.. 

We are getting close folks! It should be a fun tournament this year with a great new location and some killer cuban food from Habanos and an ICE COLD keg by the TIKI! The fishing has been on fire down there and we can not wait to see everyone and do some fishing. We have some awesome, super soft hoodies this year from a new high end fishing apparel company for the tournament which we will be screen printing the tournament art on. Because we are screen printing we must have a final count by the end of the month. Please signup ASAP! 

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/maverick-boat-group-2022-islamorada-owners-tournament-tickets-348978091867

582555472_ScreenShot2022-04-19at9_14_34AM.thumb.png.76a34c0025b87629a4fa493ff200c8cc.png

49 minutes ago, Headhunter said:

Just got an email from the Breezy cancelling my slip. I responded and cancelled the room as well. This is way to much BS so I am done. God willing, Pat and I will be able to see everyone next year.

It is very disappointing to say the least how the Breezy has handled this but you can't let Claudio ruin your fun @Headhunter! We hope that you will reconsider and find a new place to stay. Call us if you need help finding a slip/ramp for your boat.

The fishing is ON FIRE down in keys right now. Stay part of the tribe and don't miss this year's Islamorada Owners Tournament! The MBG BOATS crew is looking forward to this awesome new Tiki Bar venue at Safe Harbor Angler House! 

image.jpeg

✔️ Ice cold 🍺
✔️ Full bar
✔️ Killer food by @habanos_on_the_creek
✔️ Music
✔️ Epic raffle prizes

👉🏼 YOU HAVE SEVEN DAYS LEFT TO SIGN UP 👈🏼

👉🏼 STAY ANYWHERE IN THE KEYS THAT YOU WOULD LIKE 👈🏼

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/maverick-boat-group-2022-islamorada-owners-tournament-tickets-348978091867

See you soon!

Tournament dates: 9/22 - 9/24
#mbgboats

• Thanks 1

Same with me. I asked him how could it possibility be cancelled when I've had it reserved for just about a year. He told me their out of room and I again reiterated to him that I had a reservation. What he wouldn't tell me was that They are cancelling slips because they are opening a boat rental operation there and have taken probably 8 slips at the ramp end of their marina for the rental boats.  When I brought up the rental boat information as the reason he was cancelling my reservation, he hung up on me. Real POS. I'm done also. besides, Too little time to try and find a place with a slip and ramp now.

• 3 weeks later...