MA 18.5 Lift Set-Up

HenrysCreek

Picking up a "new to me" MA 18.5 tomorrow and bringing her back to Virginia from Florida. Excited to join the group and trade some ideas!
I'm having a new lift being installed on the dock for it and curious about the bunk spacing. It'll be a 2500lb 2 piling lift, which should be plenty. If anyone has the bunk specs, please let me know. I could measure the trailer and get a good idea, but my lift guy is trying to pull together the proper bunk lengths and beam extensions in the next 24 hours.

Also, any advice on bunk length and centering the boat on the lift?  Assuming all of the weight is from the center (fuel tank) running aft, so she'll probably want to sit with the bow well forward of the bunks - but some expert/first hand experience is appreciated.
Thanks!
  • Like 1

Not quite a time capsule, but pretty unmollested over the years. She does have fuel tank replacement already completed. Sending gauges out to Eric Clayton for a refresh. Otherwise, I’ll just run the snot out of her this year and determine what projects to tackle next winter. She’ll be almost 100% salt water.