1996 hewes 19 with Yamaha 150 overheating

Franko

Hello, I have a 19 Redfisher lappy with a 150 vmax carbed model. I’ve tried a trophy 17 pitch (6300 rpms), a 17p 4 blade powertech prop similar to the ofx but the 4.25 hub sized one (way too many rpms). A 17p mirage plus (5900 rpms) and lastly a 19p trophy plus (5600 rpms). I understand this engine is supposed to be ran at a max of 5500 rpms. The issue I’m having is that I cant trim up much at all. All those numbers is the boat running flat, a lot of contact between the boat and water. No matter what prop, if I trim, it’ll overheat.. I don’t think it’s the engine because I have ran it at 5k+ rpms for extended periods and no problems at all.. the motor is at the lowest setting and the jack plate is all the way down.. any ideas ? The boat does have a pad. Water pump is brand new. Thermostats and poppet valve is new.. nothing is clogged in the water intake system 

update: motor sits 25” back from bottom edge of hull and cav plate is 4.5” above the bottom.. I believe it’s only supposed to be about 2” in my case. Bottom of boat is level and cav plate is level 

923A6CE6-87D1-4DCD-A927-52241F271E8B.jpeg

Edited by Franko
Added picture